Chapter 17: Beyond Perfect

*4 months later*

Valik gently knocked on his bedroom door. His heart fluttered at the thought of how beautiful Tayli would look. He almost could not believe that this was the day that would change everything.

Tayli opened the door and smiled as she saw Valik in his silky, white wedding garb. Valik's breath shook, stunned at how perfect Tayli looked with her own white wedding garb and delicate accessories.

"Are you even real?" He let out a breath that he didn't even know he was holding. Tayli's cheeks dusted red as she led him inside the room. Valik closed the door behind him.

"I could say the same about you," Tayli said, inspecting his intricately-designed garb. "I've got a present for you."

"A present?" He coaxed his hands into hers. "The day has barely begun, shouldn't we save presents until after the wedding?"

"I don't think this present can wait," she looked up at him excitedly. "Come here, I'll show you." Tayli walked him over to the standing mirror near the closet. "Close your eyes. I'll tell you when to open them."

"Okay," Valik shrugged and squeezed his eyes shut.

Tayli opened up the closet door. Her heart fumbled with excitement when she saw the Zora armor hanging proudly. Its color was a smokey grey. The metal platings on the shoulders, forearms, and hips were a bright steel. The carvings on them gave off a sharp impression, though care and thought was clearly put into each movement of the designs. Smooth luminous stones were implanted in the necklace at the neck of the armor. Luminous stone particles were infused everywhere on the armor to give a sort of bright, sparkling effect. As Tayli lifted the armor off of its hanger, she noted how strong and durable the stitching was, perfect for if Valik ever had to fight in it. Tayli turned towards Valik. She took in a deep breath as her eyes darted from him to the armor. She hoped that he would love it, but most of all she hoped that it would fit him right.

"Okay, open," Tayli took a couple steps closer to him.

Valik opened his eyes, and immediately his face brightened, "Oh my goodness! Tayli... you made me Zora armor?" He held his hands out for it and Tayli carefully set it in his hands.

"I hope it fits fine. Do you want to try it on?"

"Absolutely!" He lifted his garb over his head and handed it to Tayli. She took it, and her heart raced as he began to put on the armor. "Tayli, this is amazing!"

The eager prince finished putting his left arm through the sleeve and looked in the mirror. The color matched well with his dark grey Zora greaves. He practically gasped when he noticed how his armor seemed to glisten.

"Does it fit? Do you feel comfortable in it?" Tayli stepped closer to him, her hands glued to her chest.

"It's perfect!" He spun Tayli around and she couldn't help but giggle. She looked him up and down, now getting a closer look at how the armor fit him. He was beyond handsome, and his bright smile only made it more perfect.

"I'm so glad! Oh, this makes me so happy!" She hugged him tight. "I was so worried that you wouldn't like it or that I would mess it all up!"

"Oh, Tay..." he kissed the top of her head and rubbed up and down her arm. "You've just made our day even more better."

"There is one problem though..." she pulled away and put her hands behind her back. "The only other people who know about this armor are Liana and Mipha. What if the council force you to where something else to the wedding? I mean, I'm breaking tradition doing this you know?"

"I don't care if it's tradition or not. I'm wearing this. Muzu and all the other grumpy council members will just have to deal with it."

A familiar knock came from the door and Valik knew exactly who it was. He headed for the door and opened it to see his mother and sister. The two both gasped, their smiles showed pure excitement.