Chapter 23: Yiga Clash 2/3

Klay jumped up and down and twisted his upper body side-to-side, warming himself up. Etch stretched out his arms and Latch cracked his neck. As the three warmed-up, Klay scanned around at all the other remaining contestants. There was quite a variety. Some looked more intimidating than others, but if there's anything that Klay has learned from his new buddies, it's to not underestimate anyone.

"Oh, yeah!" Etch stretched out his back and relaxed. "I'm excited! I can't wait to punch people!"

"You say that every time," Latch chuckled.

"Then that makes it even more true!"

Klay finished stretching out his legs and as he began to work on his deep breathing, he sharply inhaled from the sudden yells of the announcer, "DAY TWO, ROUND TWO! TODAY WE WATCH ARGUABLY THE BEST PART OF THE TOURNAMENT! WE WILL WATCH CONTESTANTS BATTLE IT OUT WITH ONLY THEMSELVES! THIS WILL BE IN TOURNAMENT STYLE, SO WHOEVER MAKES IT TO THE TIPPY TOPPY TOP WILL GET TO ROUND 3! IIISSSS EVERYONE REEADDYY?!" The crowd burst into clapping, cheering, and stomping. "THEN LET THE BATTLES BEGIN! FIRST IN THE LINE UP...ETCH AND TIKE!"

"WOO!" Etch punched the air. "I'm bouta start this tournament with a BANG!" Klay and Latch chuckled at Etch's enthusiasm and told him good luck.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Klay took in a shaky breath as he stared at the names of those in the final level. He vaguely went over his previous battles in his mind. The first level was quite easy for him, but with each level came more difficulty. He was just able to squeeze by with his last battle. Now he's at the battle that would decide it all, and he's up against none other than Latch.

Etch wrapped his arm around Klay and lightly slugged him in the arm. Klay gave a small smile and lightly chuckled. "You better avenge me!" Etch clenched his fist and smiled big. "I still can't believe I lost that fight against Latch!"

"You both fought really well!" Klay complimented. "It worries me honestly. I know that Latch won't hold back."

"Oh yeah, he's a monster I tell ya!"

The announcer began riling up the crowd. Klay and Etch looked to the exit. Latch was already standing there, ready to take on any challenge.

"You ready, big guy?" Etch patted Klay's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Klay released a deep breath and traveled over to Latch. The blademaster smiled as he saw his new Zora friend.

"ARE YA REEAAADDYY TO RUUMMBBLLEE??!!" The announcer yelled. The crowd cheered even louder than before. "RELEASE THE BEASTS!"

Klay and Latch both smirked at each other and walked out the exit to the battlefield. Just like the previous battles, a small aisle was dedicated to the contestants. The two walked down the aisle, and even with going out there several times, Klay still couldn't fathom how gigantic the crowd was. It wrapped around and filled the whole arena. Klay glanced over to his right where Nadri and Serdin were. They were in the back of the crowd, however they had thrones that propped them high above the heads of their people.

Klay and Latch stopped at the bottomless pit in the center. Bodyguards used their Sheikah magic to create a dark slate platform to fill the empty space. The two contestants stepped onto it and the bodyguards raised the platform up high.

"TO YOUR POSITIONS!" The announcer instructed. Klay stayed in place while Latch continued to the other side of the ring. "READY..."

Latch cracked his knuckles and rolled his shoulders back, "I won't hold anything back."

"SET..."

Klay took in a deep breath and went into a fighting stance, "And I won't either."

"GO!"