Chapter 11: Aftershocks~The Rito Legend

Mipha waited anxiously upon her Divine Beast. She hoped with all her heart that her children and friends were safe, especially Valik and Alivia. They were the ones treading the closest to Ganon, and she hoped that the battles near there would not be too severe.

"Zelda..." she pleaded in a hushed voice, "please push through." A sigh escaped her mouth as she rested her eyes on the Great Plateau. "Link, where are you?"

Meanwhile, Link was on the other side of Hyrule at Rito Village. Originally he wanted to follow Valik and Alivia, but upon passing the Breach of Demise, he realized that the monsters heading toward Rito Village were much more significant compared to the other regions. He watched from the top of the village as Rito warriors fought monsters of all kinds. Revali was flying Vah Medoh around, trying to help reduce the number of monsters rampaging toward the village. It all made Link anxious. The monsters were pushing closer each second.

"Shoot!" Revali put out his wing and Medoh began shooting down at a cluster of moblins below. Kahliv rose up from underneath the Divine Beast and landed next to his father's side. "Any good news?"

"No..." Kahliv huffed. "They just keep coming. It's almost like Ganon is specifically targeting us! I think we should now prioritize evacuating everyone from the village."

"Do what you must," Revali nodded. "I'll handle the brunt of Ganon's forces. You and a handful of others help evacuate everyone. Make sure that nothing happens to your mother, you hear?"

"Of course, father!" The Rito warrior flew up into the sky then dove down past Medoh.

"And be safe, Kahliv!" Revali shouted, a slight anxiety building up inside him as he looked down at the sheer number of monsters marching toward his beloved home. "Alright Ganon, you want a piece of me? Come and get it!"

Revali instructed Medoh to fly forward and he began to aim and shoot beams wherever he could. Monsters died left and right, but that did not make the horde falter any less. It was exhausting. He felt like he was getting no where no matter his efforts.

As minutes turned into hours, Revali heard his name being called. He looked up to see Kahliv and Olika. The two landed gently near the main control unit, and Olika immediately hugged her dear husband, "Oh my goodness! You're alright!"

"Of course I am, sweetheart," Revali nuzzled her close and she looked up at him. "Now I must continue fighting. Ganon's forces are increasing by the second."

"No, Revali, it's not worth it," she sighed. "Kahliv and I flew around the whole Tabantha Region. They're everywhere, and they keep coming. I don't think they'll stop coming until Ganon is dealt with."

"But the village..."

"I know, but everyone is now evacuated. The village will be destroyed either way. You need to set Medoh's laser."

"I can't. Not when so many of our warriors are still struggling. If I set my laser now, I'd most likely have to wait hours for the right moment. That's hours where innocent lives are dying every second. I will not back down."

Suddenly, low beeps could be heard from the tail of Medoh. The three all turned to see several flying guardians, and they were beginning to plant their lasers on them.

"I got this!" Kahliv insisted. He flew straight towards them and began showering the guardians with arrow after arrow. It delayed them all quite a bit, especially with his direct hits to their eyes.

"Good job, Kahliv!" Revali followed his son's lead and began bombarding the guardians with bomb arrows. "I'll handle the rest of them!"

"Are you sure?" Unfortunately, Kahliv's question was left unanswered by the yells of his fiancé.