Chapter 61: It Was You

A week had passed. Every night the fake Link would visit Mipha. It caused her to gain little to no sleep as she did not want to lose a single moment with him. She would speak with him and hear of his adventures. She would give him advice. However the real Link, the spirit that loomed over them each night, was broken with every moment. His energy was spent continuously to force Mipha away from the fake. All of his attempts were futile. Mipha ignored his warnings—purposefully. She presumed that the cold was her doubtful thoughts, and she wanted to be rid of them. But Link continued out of desperation. He knew who this fake was.

The imposter and Mipha settled in the hills of Upland Zorana. By now it was far into the middle of the night. Mipha's eyes fell heavy, but she forced herself to keep them open. "What did you do today?" She yawned and scooted closer to his side.

The fake Link gave a low hum and rubbed his hand up and down her arm, lulling her to fall into a deep slumber. "I went to North Lomei Labyrinth. I had to fight a lot of powerful monsters there. Tired me out quite a bit."

"Maybe you... Maybe you should sleep. Your body needs the rest..."

"How can I when I've got a whole world to save? But you, my love, you have every right to sleep. I apologize for keeping you up all these nights."

"I don't need sleep..." She yawned again and breathed in deeply.

"I don't want the others worrying about you," he chuckled. "Go to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up."

The true Link held on tight to her shoulders. Using much of his energy, he blasted her body with an intense cold, which made her shiver. "DON'T SLEEP!" he shouted.

For once during this whole week, Mipha agreed with the cold, and she let it keep her awake. The fake Link was determined, however. He began to entice her with his soft voice and gentle touch. She was falling under his spell.

"Sleep, my dear." He gently pecked her lips and smiled as he felt her body slowly fall heavy on his.

"I...want to stay awake..." Mipha's voice trailed off as her eye lids finally succumbed to exhaustion. She fell into a deep sleep almost immediately.

"Perfect..." The fake Link evilly smiled and slowly lowered Mipha's body to the ground. A demon carver formed at his hand. "May you rest in peace, Princess Mipha. I'm sure the other Champions will be joyous to see you again."

Right as the fake Link lifted his arm to strike, the real Link cried out, helpless yet determined to protect his wife at all costs. Unknowingly, he used bounds of energy that he didn't even know he could muster. That immense amount of energy caused him to become visible to the naked eye and interact perfectly with the material world. He gripped the fake Link's wrist and shoved him to the ground. The man grunted, and his disguise disappeared, revealing the evil Yiga leader himself.

Serdin stared at the ghostly figure in awe. "What? It can't be..."

Link peered down at himself, confused as to how he was suddenly visible. However, he did not dwell on it. If he was visible, he knew that it would not be for long. "GET AWAY FROM MY WIFE!"

"How are you...? Whatever." Serdin stood to his feet and held his demon carver tight. "I'm doing you a favor. Soon you're desperate wife will be in your presence."

Serdin charged towards Link, but the Spirit Hero created a shield that sent the Yiga leader flying back. While Serdin regained himself, Link kneeled to Mipha's side. He shook her shoulder. "Mipha, wake up!"

The Zora princess began to stir, and she slowly opened her eyes. For a moment she was confused. Why would her husband have a blue tint to him? He looked perfectly normal before, right? Why did he seem so panicked?