Chapter 47: Aftershocks~Broken Curse

*18 years after Link's death*

Rain began to pelt down. The sky returned to a pulsing pink and purple. Everyone all across Hyrule sprung into action at the sight. Children and citizens followed their safety protocols. Soldiers set off to protect their homes. However, most had a sense of hope within them. It was now widely known of what Princess Alivia was to do.

Tayli rushed Anya into her and Valik's room. She overlooked all the many children in there before turning to the servant caring for one of the fearful toddlers, "That should be everyone. Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, thank you, Princess Tayli," the servant bowed, and the princess quickly closed the door. She rushed up the stairs and took out her sword, now preparing to protect the citizens until Alivia's success.

"Yah!" Liana jumped in front of Tayli, throwing a bokoblin back into a wall. "They're coming now, Tay. I'll stay by your side."

Meanwhile, Valik, Sidon, Klay, and Dorephan were spread all about the outskirts of the Domain. Mipha began fending off the monsters near Lanayru Tower with her Divine Beast. Daruk, Urbosa, and Kahliv all protected their homes. The three Champions braced themselves for Ganon's targeted attacks, but he was not sending most of his forces toward them. He was aiming for Alivia, Gyan, and Aven.

The three Hylian royals rushed through the plains. Tucker would have been by their side if Gyan had not ordered it to stay and protect Tarrey Town. Monsters overwhelmed the three. It was like Ganon was protecting the Sacred Grounds, preventing a single soul from even touching it. The three stayed persistent, however.

Malice guardians swiftly crawled over to Alivia. One had its laser on her, but Aven deflected the attack. She continued forwards, monsters targeting her left and right. Aven and Gyan were her bodyguards, fending monsters off enough to allow her to the ruins. Through much blood and sweat, the group made their way to it, but they were still not safe. Monsters began to surround them from all sides, and Aven and Gyan began to become overwhelmed by the numbers.

"Get...away!" Alivia stomped her foot, creating a bright shockwave that flew every monster quite a ways back.

Gyan stumbled to his wife's side, "Do it now, Alivia!"

"You can do this, my little bird," Aven set his hand on her shoulder.

Alivia looked between the two and nodded. The triforce on her hand began to glow as she raised it up high. She breathed in a breath of strength, her feet beginning to lift off the ground. An aura of power emanated from her.

"Her demise shall not be so, may her power ever grow!" Nothing seemed to happen. "Her demise shall not be so, may her power ever grow!" Suddenly, light flickered from her hand, and in response Zelda's light flickered as well. "Her demise shall not be so, may her power ever grow!" The light now grew stable for both of the women. Their power shined brighter than ever before. A smile appeared on Alivia's face as she realized her mother's new strength. She took in another deep breath, preparing for the next part of lifting the curse. "Goddess—"

"NO!" Serdin appeared in a cloud of smoke and pounced on the Hylian Princess, making her fall hard onto the ground. "YOU WILL NOT!"

"Get away from my daughter!" Aven forcefully pulled the Yiga Master towards him and punched him hard in the face. Aven punched once more, uppercutting him. While the two fought, Gyan hurried to his wife, checking for any injuries.

"Alivia, are you okay?" He placed his hand on her cheek, and she gave a slight nod. "We need to get you away from here."

"I need to finish lifting the curse!" She stood on her feet and looked to the fight ensuing between the two leaders.