Chapter 48: Unaware

Just four months ago the Outbursts were conquered. Everyone was fine and healthy, Although now, Urbosa shivered in the warmth of her bed. Dansi placed a cool cloth on her mother's forehead. She placed a hand on her shoulder, a look of fear in her eyes. Urbosa slowly opened her own and opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. The Gerudo Princess immediately grabbed a cup of water and gently held it to the old Chief's mouth.

"N-No," Urbosa weakly pushed her daughter's hand away. She stared at her daughter with a strange look. "W-What are you doing?"

"I'm helping you, mother."

"Mother? You're my daughter?"

"...Yes..." Dansi held back tears as her mother turned her head away. "Can I get you anything else?"

"Another coat."

"A blanket... Yes," Dansi dragged herself to the basket of blankets in the corner. She pulled out a pale yellow one and brought it back over to the old Champion. She draped it over her, and Urbosa hummed as she got herself more comfortable. "You just call for me if you need anything, alright?" Urbosa nodded, and when Dansi turned to leave the room, tears began to fall.

"Princess Dansi," one of the guards hurried over to her and helped her down the stairs. "Please, allow us to take care of her for a little while. You must be exhausted."

"N-No, I can do this," she wiped away her tears and took in a deep, shaky breath.

"Are you sure we shouldn't call Princess Mipha?"

"No, she wouldn't be able to do anything. She heals wounds, not mental diseases."

"But don't you think that she deserves to know? And what about Daruk?"

Dansi stopped walking and closed her eyes for a moment, "My mother wouldn't want them to worry. Besides, they're happy. Both of them have had so much trial within their homes for all these years, and now they're finally at peace. I don't want to overpower them with grief again." She continued forward and entered into the throne room. Two bodyguards stood proudly at a throne with no Chief. "Any word about the materials?"

"Nothing, Princess Dansi," one of them stomped their claymore on the ground. "All the moldugas are gone. We have to wait until the next blood moon."

"The next blood moon...?" Dansi took a step outside of the palace and stared up at the clear night sky. Her voice collapsed to a hushed voice, "She won't last that long."

"What was that, Princess Dansi?"

"Nothing... We'll just have to wait until then."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

The water of Veiled Falls crashed down into the small lake. Tayli pointed upwards, directing and giving instructions to her students. Mipha stood by her side, ready to showcase a skilled move to the advanced class of young Zoras—mostly teens.

"Does that mak sense?" Tayli overlooked her students, and they all nodded. "Great! Remember your group numbers?" All of the students separated to their lines, but there seemed to be a few stragglers in their own lines. "What happened? There were three groups." All of them began to defend themselves, but she stopped their protests, "Whatever, just recount again. Quickly." The young Zoras all quickly did their part and got into three separate lines. "Okay, now that we know how to count, Mipha will show us the technique that I was just talking about."

Mipha nodded and jumped high into the air, diving into the water. Once she reached the surface, she launched herself up the waterfall. She spun herself diagonally to the left, then to the right. She repeated this until she reached the top, where she backflipped and dove back down into the water. When she rose back up to the surface, all the students clapped for her.