Chapter 20: Conforming

The afternoon sun shined brightly among the two royal siblings. They both trained vigorously against each other, as they now only had three weeks before the upcoming invasion. Valik decided that each day they would train in different settings so that Liana could get used to different situations and environments. This time they fought in the ledge and mountainous-like terrain of Ulria Grotto.

"UGH!" Liana thrusted her sword forward and Valik ducked. He used his low point to swoop up to her and pin her against the cliffside. Both took a small moment to catch their breath, "Why are you so hard to beat?!"

"Liana, I've been doing this for a long time," he simply shrugged and forced her to face the cliffside, her back now to him. "If I were the Yiga, you'd be dead by now."

"I know!" Liana groaned and dropped her sword, letting her shoulders relax. Valik released his hold on her and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Liana, I'm not saying that you're the worst warrior ever. You could decimate a whole group of moblins if you wanted to, but we're preparing to fight the Yiga. We're preparing against clever, skilled individuals who have both a mastery in Sheikah magic and fighting abilities."

Liana stared down at her sweaty palms and breathed deeply out of her nose, "I'm never going to be prepared. What am I doing?" She swiveled herself around and let herself fall to the ground, her knees to her chest. "I'll just make everything worse."

"Hey, look where you started," Valik sat down next to her, his hands resting on his knees. "You fought well at the very beginning, even joining the Guard at 14. The Revival did set you back. Heck, I remember that there was even a point in time where you wouldn't step foot outside the Domain! But now look at you. You've made significant progress, Liana! I don't think you even understand."

"What's the point of this pep talk?" Liana looked at him annoyed and Valik slightly rolled his eyes.

"My point, which I would have gotten to if you would have let me continued, is that we need you in this effort, Liana. Klay needs you," Valik went to set his hand on her shoulder, but he stopped as she turned her head away. He brought his hand back and looked down slightly. "And you know what? Maybe it's okay if you can't handle all the fighting. There is no doubt that Klay is going through a lot right now, though we're not exactly sure what. He'll need someone to confide in, someone to raise his spirits. You're the best person out of anyone to fill that role."

A small smile came upon the princess's face, and Valik smiled and nudged her. She shook her head and returned her face back to sad and serious, "I wasn't smiling."

"Admit it, I am a great pep talker."

"Fine," she turned to him and tiredly smiled. "You are... the worst pep talker and worst brother ever."

"Thank you, I love you too," he rested his hand on her shoulder and smiled big. They both chuckled and Valik stood up and held his hand out. "You want to have one more go?"

"Yeah," Liana reached up for his hand and he hoisted her up. "This time I'm gonna' kick your butt!"

"Eh, we'll see about that."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Klay and Nadri stood in the center of her room. She stood elevated as her arms wrapped around his neck. His hands hovered over her back, and his whole body was tense with anxiety. She placed several kisses on his lips. He forcefully pulled himself away from Nadri and turned his back away from her, breaking her hold around his neck. He covered his mouth and grimaced.

"Just breathtaking," she looked at him lovingly. "Now if you would have actually kissed me back that would have been great! But no matter, it was still wonderful. No wonder Liana took a liking to you," she brought her hand to her mouth and gave a hearty laugh.