Chapter 48

sorry that this chapter is short. here's a pic of my cat Boots to make up for it.

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

This year one of the classes we take is Divination. Basically, Muggle pretend witch things. Like, tea leaves in cups, tarot cards, and palm readings. Practically useless to us, since we actually have magic to do those things for us. But...it is very interesting to see how Muggles do magic.

We are sitting on fat little pouffes (i have no clue what that is, some kind of fancy Pinterest stool probably. google it ig🤷) , in a murky, incense-laden classroom. I am sitting next to Hermione, who looks so very annoyed to be here.

A woman's voice speaks to us, her body hidden somewhere, "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. Im this room, you shall all discover if you possess..." A woman with hair like Hermione's and big incredibly magnified glassed slides in front of the Professor's desk. She then continues her introduction to the class, "... the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye."

I already know from studying this Summer that I either don't have the gift or I'm just rubbish at controlling and knowing how to use it. I'm alright with that, one cannot be perfect at everything, even though Father might be disappointed at this. I was much too busy to really try and open my Inner Eye during the Summer, though.

"What rubbish." Hermione mutters a complaint.

Of course, she took offense to the book part. She would not be Hermione if she did not.

Ron turns around and looks at Hermione perplexed, asking, "Where'd you come from?"

"Me? I've been here all along." Hermione states sounding slightly offended by the bloody idiot.

I shiver slightly at the draft in this room, the lack of Nyx around my neck makes this room feel ten times colder than it is. I sadly am not allowed to have her in classes with me unless familiars are needed for the class lessons, which is on a rare occasion for the classes where we cast spells, unfortunately. I miss my sweet little furball, after her being practically glued to me all Summer.

Professor Trelawney spins to face Neville and questions him, "You, boy! Is your Grandmother well?"

"I...I think so." Neville replies, looking very worried.

Poor, Neville. He's only got his Grandmother as family. This women is heartless. Even if you saw this in the future why tell him that in front of everyone, putting his emotions and private matters on display. I glare harshly at the woman and hold back the urge to just leave this classroom. I already know everything, so not coming would not effect my grades badly, but she would surely write home and I would be beat for not going.

She continues dealing Neville devastating news and going on as if she did not say something horrible to him, "I wouldn't be so sure about that. The first term will be devoted to the reading of tea leaves. If all goes well, we will proceed to Palmistry, Fire Omens, and finally the Crystal Ball." She then eyes Parvati, telling her, "By the way, dear, beware of a red haired man."

Parvati eyes Ron dubiously, then edges her pouffe away from him. I stifle a laugh.

"Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout if the Flu. I myself will lose my voice. And in late Spring, one of our number will...leave us, forever." Trelawney informs us confidently.

Everyone exchanges uneasy glances, she then smiles and says, "Well then, shall we?"

She hands out tea cups, full of tea and floating tea leaves. This stuff looks so nasty. I wish I did not have to go to this class.