Chapter 59

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I stare into my crystal ball, as Professor Trelawney instructs us, "Relax...let your mind...go"

I try to follow what she says, my crystal ball starts to clear a bit, but as I notice this and stop relaxing slightly, it fogs back up. Huffing out a breath, I try to relax my mind again. I'm starting to feel a headache forming. Not like I can complain about that to anyone, our friend group is all separated, even Harry didn't want to sit next to me, as if I wasn't the one who stood up for him in the fight. I could say I'm mad at him, but I only miss him. Maybe...maybe this is good. Some time to myself might help me process my emotions more clearly.

Trelawney continues to teach us, "Crystal-gazing requires that you clear the Inner Eye. Only then, will you...see. Oh my, what do we have here...?"

She stops at Harry's desk and peers into his crystal ball. I roll my eyes. Of course it's Harry. Sometimes, I think this class is as much of a fraud as Lockhart's was.

Hermione, sharing my thoughts, exclaims, "Here we go again. It's the Grim! It's the Grim!"

"My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats
beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." Trelawney rudely tells her.

Hermione gapes and gracelessly exits, knocking her crystal ball over as she leaves.

We may not be on speaking terms, but no one abuses their power on Hermione like that.

I laugh angrily, and loudly say, "If only one could say you were any different, Proffesor. Someone who verbally insults their student like that as a professor, should be left out for the Whomping Willow. Your acts are as disgusting as your clothing choices. Good day, ma'am."

I grab my things and leave with poise, then tip my head to her as I close the door. Fucking woman should be in a loony bin.

I race up to Hermione and say to her, "The nerve of that woman! I made sure to give her a piece of my mind...and...um. Listen...I'm sorry. For everything I said and did the other day. I try my hardest not to be my Father, but sometimes I seem to act like him. I want to be a better friend. So how can I make it up to you?"

She stops and I find myself preparing the same way I do with Father when I disappoint him. Hermione places a hand on my arm and I open my eyes to her sympathetic smile.

"Thank you for apologizing. I can tell you truly are sorry and that's enough to make it up to me." She states forgivingly.

I pull her into a firm hug. The bell rings and we pull away before others see us and assume we are anything more than best friends. We share a smile and head to the Library together for our lunch time.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

(So many time skips in book 3) Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I walk to Hagrid's Hut. Buckbeak's execution is scheduled to start in a bit. Poor Hagrid will never look at the place they kill him the same after this.