30| Who's privileged

Despite giving me some space, Tristan drove me to the institute around twelve with only a duffle bag in hand with clothing, shoes and necessities or toiletries. The bag on my back was filled it snacks and other things I might needs, for example; knives, lighter and match, mini first aid kit and a trusty raincoat.

I've watched the weather forecast to know that it might rain sometime this week at home and it was never pretty around the lake at that time.

I was the only one there with two bags, everyone was practically surrounded and they stared at me before doing what they always do, laugh behind their hand or gossip. I searched the crowd for Trinity since she was here way before the time and I saw my class group surrounded by Chef Curry. When they saw me approach they too look confused, but Trinity only grinned being the first to greeted me.

"Hey bestie." She moved from her bags to hug me, while I just dropped the duffle bag.

"Hey Trin." I smiled, then turned to everyone including the chef. "Good afternoon."

They greeted me but chef asked to speak with me privately. With Trinity watching my bags, Chef and I stood away from the crowd but everyone could till see us.

"Miss Ellis," He was one of the very few here who still call me Ellis. Since news got out about my marriage with Tristan, I was Mrs. Trent to many. "I couldn't help but notice that you're not at all ready."

"I apologize Chef. My camping gear is back home and my brother has made arrangements to sent it to Spring valley lake before my arrival."

"Make sure. Another thing is that the class thinks you've been favoured so I do apologize but you'll have to follow each rule given by your group leader and that it Kerry." The name set the boiling pit of hatred in my heart to erupting like an active volcano.

"Kerry, as in Kerry Salmon or Kerry Watt?" I inquired since they're were two of them here at the institute.

"That will be Kerry Salmon. If you were here a bit earlier you'll hear the news. You'll be placed in groups based off classes and grades. When we get to the bus, I'll explain everything to you and the others." He stated and he was right about the bus they all drove into the institute one behind the other. There transportation belongs to the school as it has been used to bring us almost everywhere.

Joining my class group at the back of the line to enter our bus, I looked around to see the familiar face Smirking at me. Kelly Salmon. She was the most annoying person I've ever met other than my twin brother who I had to deal with for years. As a older woman, you'll think she was mature but she has the attitude or mentality of a teenager. There were both old and young people attending this school to learn but she was the worst, stuck between the two. As if winning or competing against her so many times wasn't enough, she had to be the team leader.

I was last to enter the bus, taking a seat across from trinity as we got to bring our luggages in. Chef curry happens to be at the front with his own in the bus compartment.

Only four buses were used as they exited the campus one after the other. The bus was quiet for a while except for the sound of small videos or music playing on person's phones. The two hour and a half journey from inner city area to the developing community of Sterling Heights took a good three hours and some minutes due to traffic. An to make it even more obvious that I was born here and was arriving at the property of Spring valley lake, security at the post were asking for me. They gave me a gift bag after going through a whole verification process of writing our names, signature and showing our school identification.

"Why do they do that though? Is it a regular thing for them?" Zarie asked me from the back as others listened.

"Yeah. It's a security process to keep check of all who is on the property and their reasons." I answered.