35| Pride

My day stared off simple since I had only a few tasks to complete. My confused friend is having his birthday today and he had no idea of what we got planned for him.

I was incharge of his cake and additional pastries, but it was overall a theme party going in order of the colour of the rainbow, or the pride flag. The one biggest issue with Zaire was that he was confused about his sexuality and when asked what he should do, we had no answer but a promise to support him.

Trinity was bringing all things red,
Yasmin -orange,
LeeAnn -yellow,
Nixon -green,
Sean -blue,
Dexter- indigo,
Naomi -violet,
Amber -brown,
Kelly-black,
Jules -white,
Daryl -neon green,
Eric -grey,
Calvin -burgundy
Tristan -neon red
An I got to get or bake a bit of each despite wanting dark or aqua blue. There were so many other colours but they just stopped there since it was a party for Zaire's closest friends.

We got a whole four months to plan leading up to this day. Tristan searched the internet high and low for everyone neon red and I was surprised by all he got.

Me on the other hand became extremely creative. I searched high and low for multi coloured ice-cream, mixing them colour coordinated to make an ice-cream cake. The birthday cake itself seems as of a unicorn had shot rainbows on it. It was filled with so many colours on the inside that I fear Zaire would be too scared to eat it. The outside layer of the cake was black with splashes of edible white glitter, the only colour left out from the inner core. I made only colour glazed donuts,  macaroons, rainbow ice lollies, fruit bowl filled with kabobs, fruit coated in colored icing, cake pops, multicoloured chocolate bar with caramel filling, and the drink. The multicoloured drink being my favourite see as it had syrup, liquor and flame to give it that crazy effect.

Jumbling all my classes to streached through all four semesters has payed off. Now I enjoying my free time between classes and if I didn't make it so hard for myself, I would have been free as my friends or even Tristan.

Babe and I went out for my birthday in march, despite having fun and loving how he not only took me out for that sake, I still love being at home. I've been going out on dates since we came back from our Christmas break. 

His schedule was simple at first as he would only have about three to four hours of class, played football as practice or at a game, had time for the library and group work, had lunch and came home to study, do assignment or play his game till I get home.

Now it's different as we're both in our third year, he now has more hours of class, need more time to do assignments, had to prepare for upcoming games and a lot of other things. His way of wanting to rewind or have a stress relief was by going out. For support, I've been accompanying him to parties, couples dates, small trips and even join the girlfriend club with the girls who has their boyfriend on the football team. It was reaching to the point where I started using my period as an excuse to not go anywhere. I didn't cook as much as I use to but now I do, just to find a dumb reason as to why we don't have to go out. He's been so lost in his little bubble of fun that he doesn't see how uncomfortable I am at times. I keep telling myself to 'Don't worry, be happy.' or 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming'. By swimming I started thinking about that one time we were so into it that we had a quickie at the freaking beach. We didn't make it obvious but LeeAnn suspect something as always. I was scared that he didn't pull out in time but I was relieved to have my period a week later.

Attending Zaire's party was Tristan's idea for he let Trinity be the host after he rented out a guest house for a couple hours. Or a good two days. He hired a team to decorate and Trinity to supervise upon our arrival. At this point I let him have his fun but he has changed a lot. It seems he and Logan has switched bodies because the Tristan I know wasn't the wild party type. Since I was on campus at S.E.U more to do some classes whenever I felt bored at home around the computer, we would meet up. He was known, but not know to the point where he started having people up in his personal space. It was weird, and when I said anything or even ask about it, he shrugged it off as if it was nothing.