36| Phenotype

It took a while to get the place, wherever it was after we stopped at a fast food drive thru. He took me to the cliff to enjoy some Carribbean music while I ate and enjoy some solitude.

He left to give Brett his share of food which he bought while I hummed, enjoying the food and good music.

I was my first time here, and so late but it looks like a park away from the town which I liked. Getting my fill, I got in the mood as I turned the volume up and started singing to drown out the sound of my ringing phone.

Some verses hit home and I laughed when tears stared pool my eyes before it leaks out. "I'm done being someone I'm not."

Wiping my eyes, I turn the music off and call out to Conner, telling him I'm really to go home now. He came in and drove us to the apartment.

I didn't expect Tristan at the apartment so when I didn't see him, I was relieved. I took a long shower and went to bed.

He came home in the afternoon with Bernard and Andrew holding him up.

"Where should we put him?" Andrew inquired and I did hesitate to point to the guestroom.

I was busy doing some assignments and studying so he was the least of my concern right now. Even after his security left and I heard him throwing up, I didn't more an inch. I was use to it by now, to spot going after him as if I was his mother. Spirituality married or not, this was his punishment.

When he finally got out of the room, he was just standing there by the door looking a wreck. "Can you make me a cup of coffee please?"

"The coffee machine is right there. I gotta go though but I'll be back later. " I told him, putting on my shoes as he finally opened his eyes.

I know I was evil for letting extra sunlight in but it was the afternoon anyways. He looked confused as he asked. "Where are you going?"

"The library and the store. I gotta pick up some things." I sent him an air kiss before rushing out of the apartment as if I was late.

I indeed went to the library for a hour before going to the store. I needed some things for my truck at Tee & Didi Automotive. Trinity was the one who told me about the place some time ago and it was the first time going there. Looking in my rear view mirror, I sighed a breath of relief at the familiar vehicle not too far behind so I know Connor and Brett were probably watching. They even packed close but I got up pretending as if they weren't there.

I was amazed by everything, seeing signs set up for things like repair, decor, oil change and so forth. I only needed decor so I went in that direction where the isles were the things were on displaying. I took up a shopping cart and started browsing, picking up mats, air freshener, steering wheel covers and other fancy stuff. I got all that I needed for both truck and Jeep but that's when I looked up to see a familiar face leading against the shelf staring down at me.

"Trey, what are you doing here?" I asked, not giving him the satisfaction that I didn't want to be bothering by him right now. He pitched his shirt where the logo and slogan was printed. "You work here?"

"He's the owner princess." Another familiar voice sang and I smiled, looking over Trey's shoulder at his cousin R-jay.

My eyes widened when I realized his family call him Didi so Trey must be Tee, instead of Starr as most called him. "I just realized. How are you Jay?"

He laughed and looked from his cousin to me. "Still set on calling me Jay... Well I'm great since you saved my ass."

He meant I saved him from Jaylah after she gave him someone else baby and wanted him to play daddy. How Jay was free and back in this own relationship with the girl he loves. "I didn't save your ass. Trinity did."