50| Emasculate

My pot of soup was filled with flavours from the different ingredients that I was told they could taste in the air.

"How do you explain that?" Jarrod laughed at Josh.

"I can smell it but taste it at the back of my tongue. Don't you ever have that? Like a craving for something you know and it's awaking your taste buds?" Jarrod and Harris looked at Josh as if he was crazy but I knew what he meant.

"I know the feeling. You have great sense like I do." I complimented and he grinned. "I've made enough so you all can eat but if later comes and my husband isn't well, I can't promise that I'll cook but I'll make one thing clear. We have a home theater filled with move options and I'll let you all eat as much snacks as possible but still under supervision. Are you all okay with that?"

"Yeah!"

"Definitely!"

"Yes."

"I also have a task for you all and I hope you won't turn it down because I've began to love your company so don't disappoint me." I warned and they promised looking happy. "I'm sure you've heard of sterling height and this little town call Spring Valley lake?"

"Of course."

"Yes."

"Absolutely."

"Good. Then you'll love to win a trip there with your family or friends if you play a little game for me. I've came up with it last night and have spoken with the head security about it. He agreed to be the tour guide but he's the one to grade you on the trip. You'll be placed in groups or even go solo for a games and you gain points. The person with the most points wins that amount of nights staying at the cabin with their family as well as additional things like meals or access to whatever entertainment we got on at the lake. Do you agree?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"Yes please."

"Oh my gosh, yes."

"Okay. You'll need to explain it to Ashley, Sheldon and Christian because you both will be going." I told Noah and Persephone who nods. "All sixteen of you, so you won't go solo but in groups of two, four and sometimes eight. I'm sorry if Bernard goes overboard but remember you're in it to win it."

"Mrs. Lopez will share your soup, I have to bring up for Tristan and I. See you kids late and don't disappoint me." I warned for the last time and they promised me.

Lopez didn't allow me to bring the bowls of soups up since it was an hazard for a pregnant woman like me. It was still a secret to some as less staffs knew the better. I've given Angel the day off to some studying on her new job role since my husband had all my time today.

The way I found him, was how I warned him not to do. He had the sheets offs and I've realized how old it was against his body. So I went and checked his temperature again and I frowned deceiving to call his mom after I got him changed.

"Love. Wake up." I nudged him and he cried out from the pain. "I'm sorry. Get up, please. I need to get this clothes off you... Babe... Tristan?"

Groaning I went to the bathroom and took the scissors from the drawer. I've decided to cut every piece off him, thankful he was oy wearing a shirt and his underwear I only cut the shit and pulled up his underwear off. The sheets were soaked with his sweat and needed changing so I pushed him on the right half to spread the fitted sheet at the left, then rolled him back to the left to make the right. I've changed all the pillow cases too then marched into the bathroom again for my bottle of white rum. I used it to damp a rag and I placed it over his forehead watching as he got up.

Placing some pillows behind his back, I could now put a shot over his body and put clean underwear on which was a struggle. I got frustrated a few times but calmed down, remembering how he took care of me when I lost my memory.