53| Pre-eminent

We all left the ranch to be closer to our family as our mothers thought it was best since our pregnancy was coming to an end.

I've slept so much I was sure my senses were gone and at the slightest smell of food I was up. When I came home our mothers had a disagreement about where I should stay seeing as though I'm marry and my husbands home was my own. Mummy told her best friend that her father's home was my own first and that's where I should stay. If I did cry out in pain from the three pairs of feet kicking me, they couldn't have stopped.

It has been a week since then and today, most of the ladies in our family and circle gathered to set everything straight.

I wasn't doing anything but eat. It wasn't like they would allow me to do anything so I layed in my parents couch with my feet elevated on cushions. With a an aluminium foil sheet filled with spicy, peppery and ketchup filled jerk chicken. My entire right hand was in it but I didn't care. My lips felt numb and hot from the pepper but I didn't mind it. My tongue felt like same as my stomach, good and satisfied being flavours and full. I've burped so many times that I stopped getting glance to say sorry aloud. At least I wasn't Ashlyn and Sky, all those two did was fart and it was so bad that Hadley vomited.

All four girls suffered from morning sickness and a dislike for some foods. I ate naturally but couldn't stand the smell of any perfume or cologne as it makes me sneeze.

"You need to stay hydrated, Asheika." Sabrina reminded and I hummed, more focused on the food than anything else. "An did you take the iron tablets?".

"Don't need it. I'm drinking roots." I announced and they all looked at me with disbelief.

"What do you mean you don't need it?" Mummy gasped as of she found out I doing crime secretly.

"I took it at first but I don't need it since the last five months. I've been using my banana and plantain skins. I boil it in the same pot I boil my green bananas in and I drink the pot water. Doctor Fray never commented on my lack of iron. It's just my weight and she doesn't need to worry about that because how I feed my babies is my business. I want them cubby and fat." I grinned and they shook there heads.

"Uh. That's why Ishmael was giving me that weight thing to drink but I drank it once, it had no flavour. I didn't know it helped." Ashlyn was in disbelief.

"Sorry.," I mumbled, focusing on the remaining bones that need to be chewed up.

"How does this look, hunny?" Mom called to me and I looked up to see her holding cute baby boots.

"Cute." I answered for the hundredth time.

They've been sorting out clothing, bottle, toys, diapers and lots of other baby stuffs as they had boxes of them on the ground. I told them I didn't need much but it seems everything I've been telling them keeping getting them upset as if I wasn't interested. I was, but I needed to eat.

"Asheika, you need to be serious about this. Next month is the last and to be ready for this." Grandma spoken up and I spat the bone particles in the foil then fold it up, wiping my mouth and hands with the napkins.

"I am grandma. I've seen how Sabrina and Avery has been with their babies. I've seen mother's with their babies back in the Bahamas and sometimes I'm with them when I was hiding from work. I'm sorry y'all, but I'm more focused on staying healthy, fed, calm and we'll rested before they come. It's been a smooth pregnancy but my intuition is telling me it will be a whole lot different with me during and after birth, it's just too good to be true. So as you're all doing what you're doing, I'm grateful for it"

"You'll be fine." Avery stated but I hardly believe. I wasn't so easily fooled.

"I'll be back. I need to pee again." I announced, turning and got help from mom and mummy to stand. They accompanied me to the bathroom and back.