68| At last (Asheika)

When an emergency meeting is called, our family and friends will drop everything to be there. So waking up on the couch of my hotel room by my son, he informed me that everyone is at home waiting. My home. The castle home. Everyone.

I got ready, joined he and his little family as I greeted them. Joséy phone was ringing none stop but had us stop for breakfast, I wanted to stall a bit and he allowed me to.

I've gotten closet to Bolivia and little three year old Destiny who was on my lap. Cleaning her up, I told my son I'm ready and he sighed a breath of relief that made me laugh. He even went as far as to buy me my favourite ice-cream in the way home using the rental vehicle he got upon entering Oakwood.

"You grew up here?" His girlfriend asked as she gasped upon entering the Ranch.

"Yeah. Once, I even though of putting a little home next to the forest but I changed my mind after a little critter ran up my pants." He chuckled and I smiled at the memory.

"Maybe it my his home." She told him which was right. The little thing had his family there.

"Castle mommy. Princess castle." Destiny giggled as she points at my home.

"This is my first home, Des. We're going inside." Joséy told her with a smile on his face and she squealed more.

There our butler and staffs opened the doors and greeted us. I only rolled my eyes and hugged them tightly as if it was the last as what I did when I left two years ago.

"The family is gathered in the guest area." Our butler instructed but I took his hand.

"I want all staffs there, but let the younger kids play in the garden until we're done." Nodding, I let him off and walk to catch up with Joséy. "I'm ready."

I wasn't ready. The eyes that were staring in our direction, my direction were plenty. Smiling softly, I greeted them and stepped closer anxiously.

Tears pricked my eyes and I let them fall as I tried controlling my breathing. Joséy brought me a chair so I thanked him and sit, wiping my the tears away, even when they just keep falling. Finally, I could look at the people I love in the eye, one after the other. My children, grandchildren, parents, in-laws, cousins, other family, friends, siblings and my husband.

"I'm sorry I left, but I needed to. I'm sorry I didn't call or text, not even once but I saw all that you've sent to me. An I don't know how long I have..."

"Mommy, please don't say it." Joséy warned so I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry. I went to the doctor last month for my yearly full body checkup and she found... She found a lump in my left breast. It's... It is as small as a cashew nut but it's my first... First sign of cancer. I'm sorry daddy." I cried, finally breaking down since I found out.

The cries that filled the room had me weak. Some left while others stayed. Still, no one came to me so I got up and walked towards daddy who was holding his chest as he stares at me without blinking.

"I'm sorry."

He pulled me to him and I cried harder than I ever did, probably as much as the day I found out grandma died. His his arms to my mother's then my brothers before I had the chance to hug my husband. He was in a corner comforting our eldest children as I hugged them, moving onto him. He went on his knees and held me around the waist as he cried in my shirt. I moved to sit on the floor with him until he eventually fell asleep.

No words were spoken for hours. As I played in my husband's hair, I was lost in thoughts while those around me just stared and cried more.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I looked up at my twin holding my favourite much of what smells like ginger tea. Taking it from his hand with a smile, I thanked him.