3. The Gilmores' first day at Chilton part 1

Me, Rory and mom were all sat outside whilst mom painted Rory's toenails with red polish.

Rory was stuffing her face with whipped cream, which was disgusting.

"That's nice." I said in a disgusted voice.

"Thank you." She replied, with a mouthful of whipped cream.

"Don't move please." Mom said to her.

"So why are you insisting on doing this?" She asks mom

"Well, because you are starting private school tomorrow."

"Yes but I am gonna be wearing shoes. Nobody is gonna see my feet"

"But everybody knows that private school girls wear red nail polish." I say to her

"Are you nervous?" Mom asks looking at the both of us.

"About what?"

"About starting Chilton."

"No, I'm hoping to find some bad, private school, rich guy." I say whilst day dreaming.

Mom laughs but then lane comes running shouting about some new cd. Mom starts running inside the house and Rory moans that she only did half of her toes.

"But you only finished half of my toes."

"I'll do them for you." I say whilst sitting where mom was sat.

"Thanks Tori."

"You never answered mom question. Are you nervous about starting Chilton?" I ask her after a moment's silence.

"I am. What if I am not good enough." She says telling the truth.

"Rory! You are the most intelligent girl I have ever met. If you could, I bet you, you would already be in Harvard. Listen, I'm nervous too, but we will always have each other, right? I will always be here for you." I say, trying to make her better. Everything I just said was true.

"Thank you sis, I will always be here for you too."

The next morning, me and Rory got dressed in our new uniform but we didn't hear any movement from mom's bedroom.

We decided to see if she was ready and when we opened her door, we see her still fast asleep.

"Mom!" I shout at her, startling her awake.

"What? God! Hi." She says in her sleepy voice.

"What are you doing!" Rory shouts

"Having a heart attack!"

"We thought you were up! It's 7:10!" I say whilst annoyed that she wasn't ready.

"What?"

"It's 7:10" Rory repeated the time.

I then grab her pillow to make sure she's not going back to sleep. "It's 7:10"

"Stop it! It's a quarter to six!"

"No it's not!"

"Yes it is! I set the clock for a quarter to six!"

Rory then picks up her fluffy alarm clock to show her the time.

"It's 7:10!" Mom complains

"We can't be late on our first day of school! Do you know what happens if you are late on your first day of school?"

"It's shorter?" Mom suggests

"For the rest of the year, they're labelled 'the late girls'!" Rory says