six:﹙with, love﹚

CHAPTER SIX !
with, love

"contains; nothing "— no need to proceed with caution

— no need to proceed with caution

As she thought about Leah's anger, there was no doubt in her mind that she would be extremely furious with her

As she thought about Leah's anger, there was no doubt in her mind that she would be extremely furious with her. As she glanced at the New York skyline the next morning, the morning light had not yet begun to illuminate the skyline.

In the middle of the night, Y/n walked into the bakery and closed the clear glass door, causing the bell to stop ringing.

In the process of placing it on the counter, a series of keys jingled. As she walked around the back of the bakery, she noticed that the light had been shut off. She was sure that it would be impossible to turn it back on without making people think she was open.

In spite of her busy schedule, she was able to manage to gather the ingredients for a cake, including flour, eggs, butter, sugar, salt, milk, and baking soda. She observed the batter being mixed with a rubber spatula during the assembly process of the cake.

"You must do this on your own." Her father's voice filled the room, causing her to take a deep breath. In the doorway to the main bakery, she saw her father standing perfectly fine, putting down the spatula. "No help from her or him...you know better."

"Yes, I do," Y/N replied, turning back to the batter and mixing it vigorously. "I know better than to listen to you rant."

After being touched on the shoulder, she grabbed a knife from the counter and turned around to stab someone. It was, however, impossible to see anyone. A moment later, she froze in place and glanced back to discover that he had not appeared.

Astonished at the thought of her father judging her life before her, she murmured to herself, "Jesus Christ.".

As soon as she finished baking the cake, she fell asleep in the bakery. Leah kicked her shoe, causing her to flinch and open her eyes, allowing daylight to enter right away. Her eyes squinted as she looked over at Leah.