Shattered

|Mikayla's POV|

The holidays are officially over and we've been back in school for a couple weeks now. Can you tell how excited I am?

I have been in a mood and my parents have been getting on my nerves. Do this, do that. At least I've been able to hang out with Stephen. Mom has been under the weather pretty much since the holidays and dad's been working what seems like nonstop.

Olivia is off doing whatever with Ava and Bianca and their friends. I can't even hang out with mine because I'm currently on punishment. Yeah, I know, again.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I mumbled.

The door slowly opened and I saw it was my dad. Even at 45 years old, he still looked so young. Seeing women drool over him was weird.

"Oh good, you're up. Morning, princess."

"Morning," I grumbled.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Fine."

"Your mom made breakfast. I'll drop you and Olivia off at school. Your mom will pick you up. Olivia is hanging out with friends so it'll just be you and your mom this afternoon."

"Okay."

"One word answers, huh?"

"I'm so excited to go to the hell hole you refer to as my school. Is that better?"

He raised his brow.

"I would prefer less attitude and sarcasm."

"Why can't I hang out with my friends?"

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're joking, right?"

"Dad..." I whined.

He held his hand up.

"I don't want to hear it."

"But..."

"Mikayla, you are on punishment for a reason. Did you or did you not get caught smoking weed in the damn girl's bathroom."

"Yes, but..."

He shrugged.

"Deal with the consequences and be happy you only got a week of suspension and not expulsion."

"I was suspended a week ago and I'm still grounded."

"That's the consequence for your action. You made the choice to smoke. No one forced you to."

"My friends..."

"These girls you keep calling your friends clearly don't have your best interest in mind. You don't want to stay in trouble, stop letting people drag you into bullshit. Weed can be laced with anything. We've had this discussion before. I see what comes through the hospital and your uncle has told you plenty of times how often he gets called to a scene for an overdose. Trust me, you don't want to go down this road."