Day After

|Matteo's POV|

I woke up with Amanda laying on my chest. My phone was ringing but I had no idea where it was. Finally it stopped, but then I started all over again. Why didn't I put it on vibrate? I gently moved Amanda off me, sitting up. I instantly had a headache. Fuck, this hangover is going to be a bitch. Following the ringing of my phone, I saw it was my dad calling.

Hello.

Hey, son.

This man was too loud and too chirpy.

Hey, dad. What's up?

Just wanted to make sure you were alive. You and the guys were throwing back shots all night.

I'm a little hungover, but I'll manage.

Make sure you hydrate and get something solid in your body. Need me to bring anything by?

Nope, all good dad. Thanks for checking out. What time is it anyway?

1pm.

Damn.

Alright. I'm about to go find some food.

There's plenty here at your Aunt Izzy and Uncle Ty's house. It's a little noisy though.

I thought everyone was leaving today?

No, tomorrow morning.

Alright. I'll be over soon to get some food.

Okay, I'll let your aunt know to wrap something up for you. Love you, son.

Love you, too.

I went and took a shower. Amanda was still knocked out. I left her there so she could rest up. Driving over to my aunt and uncles, I saw the kids playing outside.

"Uncle Teo!" Lauren shouted.

Once I crossed the street, she was running my way. I braced myself for my Goddaughter who was running full speed in my direction. I picked her up and held her to my chest.

"Uncle Teo, you're here."

"You're right, I am. Lo, you can't just run down the street like that."

"Lauren Vivian, come here. Right now," Uncle Tyler called out.

"Looks like you're in trouble, munchkin."

She buried her head in my chest, holding me tighter.

"Now, Lauren," he repeated.

I sat her down and held her hand, walking her over to Uncle Ty.

He knelt down, picking her head up as she was staring at the ground.

"That's the second time you ran off today. You already ran off earlier at the store and got in trouble with your grandma. I know you're excited to see your uncle, but that's not safe. I don't ever want to see you run off like that again."

I looked down at her.

"Sorry, grandpa."

He sighed.

"That's strike two, bug. Next time you'll really be in trouble. Go play."

She let my hand go, going back over to her cousins. Uncle Ty stood upright.

"What's up, Teo?"

"Nothing much. Just came to get some food."

He laughed.

"Help yourself. It's in the kitchen. You heard from Logan today?"

"Nah. You know he's probably knocked out with Erica. If you know what I mean."