Starting Over

|Sasha's POV|

It's been a week or so since the whole ordeal with Samantha. My dad was ready to hunt Gabriel down and while I appreciated his concern, it felt suffocating at times. Thankfully I have space to go to my own place now. While I enjoyed being home with my parents and all their help during my rough patch, getting back out on my own was just what I needed. Erica helped me find this place which I was appreciative of.

Since Erica and I talked, we've truly been building a friendship. No, I'm not befriending her just because she's Logan's girlfriend. I resonate with her story on so many levels and she gets me in ways other people don't. I talk to her and Amanda pretty much daily. I mean, we're in a group chat together. It's all love and I'm happy to have some normalcy back in my life and true friends because after what happened with Gabriel, I didn't want to let anyone in.

Speaking of not letting anyone in, I do have a special someone in my life. Jordan James Walsh, JJ as everyone calls him is a photographer and videographer. He was 28. As an independent contractor, he traveled a lot.

We've crossed paths over the years. We've always been cordial but he was in a relationship as was I. Since reuniting at Logan's birthday party, we exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since.

Just how did he know Logan and Teo? He's done several campaigns with them for the NFL, Logan, and Teo became friends. I didn't know they were that cool, but he speaks highly of my cousins and how he enjoys working with them.

It's been a whirlwind romance these past couple of months. This man has flown me to Texas countless times to take me out and has even flown me out of the country for dates in between his schedule. I was hesitant at first, as were my parents, but I was tired of hiding in Texas. I was about to be 24 and life wasn't over for me, it was truly just beginning. Plus, I loved to travel. I was ready to get back out there and JJ was bringing out a side of me I hadn't seen in a long time.

I felt comfortable with JJ, free. He didn't know the extent of what happened between Gabriel and I, but he knew it was tumultuous and messy near the end. I left it at that. He never questioned me. He respected my space all while showering me with surprises along the way.

I was getting ready for the day when I saw he was FaceTiming me.

Hello Mr. Walsh.

He smiled at my greeting. I noticed he was sitting outside, no shirt, palm trees behind him.

Hello to you too, Ms. Law.

This man was gorgeous. Amazing personality, confidence, craft, killer abs, a beard, man bun. And his style? Snap out of it, Sasha.

How are you?

Doing well. Missed your voice and that beautiful face of yours.

Where are you now? I see palm trees.

That's what I'm actually calling you about. I'm back on the West Coast. Just got back from a swim. Do you happen to have any free time?

I'm available, but you know I'm still setting up my apartment. Plus getting back in the swing of things with work.

He nodded.

How's that going?

Work is work. Just freelancing still. Nothing permanent yet.

Well, are you up for company?

You don't have to come to Texas, JJ.

I know, I don't, but if you would allow me to I'd love to come see you. I'm off for the next couple of weeks then heading to Hawaii for work.