Comes With the Terriotry

|Logan's POV|

Erica, Lauren, and I are back in Cali. We spent over a week in New York near the end of June celebrating Wyatt and Madison as they are officially high school graduates plus spent time with my Grandpa Paul and Grandma Steph and Erica's family that's in that area.

Right before we left, Erica and I finally found a new place. We purchased a 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom, two story house right outside of Los Angeles. We had a two car garage, backyard for Lo to play and for us to entertain. It wasn't too far from the stadium or Lauren's preschool. We took quite a bit of tours, but nothing gave us an at home like this place. Neither of us wanted anything too grand, but spacious enough for our family of 3 plus room if anyone wanted to stay when they visited.

It was beautiful. Floor to ceiling windows and open concept, which was a priority on my list. I got the spacious kitchen I wanted. It's become a favorite of Lauren and Erica's as they've spent a lot of time there already, cooking and baking. Lauren had her bedroom and she decided on keeping everything from both mine and Erica's old places.

I've been training daily, Erica's been working and Lo is in Summer Camp three days out of the week. We plan on doing a family vacation near the end of July right before training camp because once the season picks up, that's that.

I was making breakfast when Erica came in. She didn't say anything.

"Morning, babe," I greeted.

"Morning," she muttered.

Alright, something was up. She pulled the stuff out the fridge to make Lauren's lunch. She then moved to the cabinet to grab snacks and the containers. Last, the lunch bag. She was slamming things as she did it.

"You alright?"

She didn't say anything.

"Fuck, I completely forgot to get gas last night," she mumbled.

She stopped what she was doing and left, coming back moments later with her keys and shoes.

"Erica..."

She turned to me.

"What Logan?"

I raised my brow.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing. I need to go get gas."

"Come here, E."

"No. I have shit to do before I leave for work. I don't need you in my way. Damn."

I know my girl and I know when something is bothering her. She tried to move out to the garage, but I went over to her, pulling her to me.

"Baby, I know you and you don't act like this. Talk to me," I gently said.

She looked into my eyes.

"I got a call from my dad last night. He's coming into town today."

"Okay, what's wrong with that?"

"He wants me to meet his girlfriend. Well, introduce her to the three of us."

"Okay..."

"See you don't see anything wrong with it."

She tried to move out of my embrace, but I held her closer.

"Babe, come on. Your father is coming to you as an adult and wants you to meet his girlfriend. Has your father dated after all these years?"

"My dad only does things like this when it's serious. What if he wants to marry her?"

I sighed. I know that Erica not having her mom around was hard for her. She always relied on her dad. I let her go. I had things to say, but I don't know if she was in the frame of mind to receive my message. The last thing I wanted to do was make her more upset than what she already was or offend her.