Family Emergency

|Matteo's POV |

These past 5 years have been amazing. I was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. I'm flourishing on and off the field. Life is great. No complaints. Football is the only thing I've ever truly loved so having it become my career wasn't a surprise. Football is also what led me to the woman I've fallen head over heels for, Amanda Smith, or as her family and friends affectionately call her, Mandy. She's a model turned sportscaster and a former beauty queen. She interviewed me after a game a year ago, we exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

I have my place in Buffalo, but she resides in Florida. We're both on the road quite a bit, but even with the distance, we've been making it work. I've been here with her in Florida since the season ended, flying back and forth to Texas. My family knows I'm dating someone, but have yet to meet her, although we're pretty public on social media. She would've came for Aunt Izzy's birthday dinner, but had a previous engagement to attend. I plan on having her meet everyone when I go home for my sister and cousins graduation.

Mandy and I were getting ready to head out for drinks when my phone started ringing. It was Logan.

Hello.

Teo, sorry to call you this late.

You're good. I was just about to head out with Amanda. What's up?

We have a situation.

Anytime we've ever said that to each other, it was something serious. It was a code me, him, and Sasha had since we were kids.

"Teo..."

I turned and saw Mandy standing at the doorway of the bedroom looking amazing as ever.

Hold on a second, Logan.

I put the phone on mute and set it down.

"Everything okay?" Mandy questioned.

"Something is going on with my cousin. I need to take this call. Shouldn't be too long."

"Alright. I'll be downstairs."

I pecked her lips and she closed the door, leaving me to have privacy.

Alright, Logan. I'm back. What's going on?

Sasha just showed up on my doorstep. Her clothes were hanging off her. Hair a mess. Shades on, bruises on her face. She's in the guest room now. She said she hadn't eaten and got into a fight with her boyfriend. I'm sorry, her husband.

Her what?!

Bro, I don't know what the fuck is going on. When was the last time you talked to her?

Mmmm, maybe a week ago. You?

About the same. She said the guy's name is Gabriel. I know she told us about him or whatever, but not much more than that. I didn't press her. She's too emotional at the moment to answer anything.

She's been real secretive lately. I knew her being in London wasn't the best idea.

You know how Sasha is though. You tell her left...

She wants to go right. I get doing that with Uncle Tuck and Aunt Melly, but not us. I'm so confused man. Did she say anything else?

I didn't get details of this marriage or whatever. Man, what the fuck am I supposed to do? For one, I have Lauren here and she doesn't need to see Sasha like this. Plus, why didn't she go to Uncle Tuck?

Have you met our uncle? Wait until my dad gets wind of this. It's about to be an all out war. Fuck. Man, look can you at least keep her at your place until I get there. I'll get a flight out now and come straight to you and we can make sense of this. The last thing we need to do is keep this from the rest of the fam. Our dads will have our heads for not saying something.