Not Exempt

|Tyler's POV|

What a way to start my week. Between having to deal with my youngest this morning to now having to sort things out with my wife. Coming in the house from the garage, there she was, cleaning the kitchen.

"Hey," I quietly said.

She turned and glared at me.

"Hi, Tyler. The girls are around here somewhere doing their homework. I have a few things I need to finish before we go out."

"We need to talk, Izzy."

She rolled her eyes.

"Didn't you do enough talking on the phone earlier? Oh, how about at the hospital when those bitches..."

"Isabella!" I hissed.

She squinted her eyes at me before stopping what she was doing.

"You know what, forget it. I'm not going back and forth with you, Tyler."

I raised my brow. She was really pushing it.

"You have no reason to."

I get Isabella being upset, but you would think she caught me doing something with the attitude she's giving me.

"Since you're not in the mood to talk now, we'll talk later. Reservations are for 7 so be ready by 6:30," I added.

She glanced at the clock. We weren't leaving for another hour and a half. Plenty of time for her to finish what she was doing and get ready for dinner. I heard footsteps coming our way. It was our oldest. She stopped, looking between her mother and me.

"Um, is everything okay?"

"Just peachy, sweetie," Izzy said, kissing her cheek and leaving the kitchen."

I shook my head as she left and turned my attention to my daughter.

"How was your day, princess?

She shrugged, sitting down at the island.

"It was fine. I uh, wanted to apologize for being moody this morning. You and mom didn't deserve that."

"I appreciate the apology. Next time, give us the heads up so we can make arrangements for you to get to your auditions. If it does conflict with either mine or your mothers schedule, we'll have someone else take you. Just give us proper notice. That means as soon as you find out, not the day of. Alright?"

She nodded.

"Is mom on strike from cooking? She seemed upset when I got home."

Our kids always noticed when something was off with either of us.

"She must've had a long day at work."

"Dad, I'm not dumb. Mom is mad at you about something."

"You know what, she is, but that's none of your business. Your grandparents are taking you and Mikayla out to dinner. Your mother and I have plans."

"Okay, cool."

She got up to leave.

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Most of it. Actually, could you help me with my AP assignment?"

"Sure. I'll be in my office."

"Okay."

She took off and I went to drop my things in my office. After I finished helping Olivia with her homework. I went to shower and get ready. Izzy was wrapped in her towel and rolled her eyes as I walked in. Yeah, I'm not doing this with her. Time to nip this shit in the bud. I closed the bathroom door.