Unpredictable

|Mikayla's POV|

I know my parents sent us to our rooms, but I was fucking scared to deal with my dad. My mom was eerily calm. Then again, dad was pissed enough for the both of them.

I went and gently tapped on Olivia's door and she yelled come in. I quickly opened and closed it, sitting on her bed. She looked at me weird.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I don't think I can do this."

"Do what?"

"Deal with dad. He's going to kill me."

She rolled her eyes.

"Spank you, yes. Kill you, no."

I sighed.

"Uncle Tatum said the same thing. You didn't see how mad dad was last night."

"Doesn't matter how mad he was. Dad doesn't do anything when he's mad like that. He gives himself time to cool off. Haven't you caught on by now? Mom is the wild one so be happy she wasn't the one angry. Did you say anything crazy?"

"I said they're hypocrites."

Her eyes bugged out.

"You what?!"

"Mom has been arrested before. Dad owns a gun, so why should I be in trouble..."

"Wait, Stephen has a gun?! What the fuck?!"

"It's not his. He said it's his brothers and it's licensed. Uncle Tatum said everything checked out. I just don't get how they can be pissed at me when they..."

"What mom did as a teenager isn't our business. Call it hypocritical, but you know Grandpa Paul plays no games. Neither does Grandma Steph. What dad is going to give you is probably nothing compared to what mom is going to get. As for dad owning a gun, so what?"

"You're not worried about being in trouble?"

"I'm not the one that got picked up from jail last night, so no. I already know mom and dad will want to know who I was with and I'll tell them. It's whatever. I had my fun having the key to Logan's house. Mom took it and who knows if I'll get it back."

"I should've got a key, too," I mumbled.

There was a hard knock on the door before it opened.

"Last time I checked, I told you to go to your rooms and do your homework. Clearly you have a hard time following directions, Mikayla."

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Come on, your father and I want to talk to you downstairs. Olivia..."

"I'll be here doing my homework, mom."

Mom silently nodded. I got up, following her out, as she closed Olivia's bedroom door. I heard voices downstairs, but couldn't make out who it was.

"Let's go."

Heading downstairs, we went to the living room. I was surprised to see my dad, Stephen, and this other guy that I'm assuming is Stephen's brother. What the fuck?

"Hey, Mick," Stephen greeted.

"Uh, hey Stephen."

Mom took a seat and motioned for me to do the same.

"Stephen's brother, Chris, wanted to stop by and discuss what happened last night," dad stated.

Did I really need to be here for this conversation? I was there. I know what happened. I watched as Chris nudged Stephen. He cleared his throat before he began to speak.