April Showers

|Erica's POV|

It's been 3 months since my dad's heart attack and in a way it was a blessing in disguise. There was a blockage in his heart that wouldn't have been identified had this not happened. The ordeal was incredibly scary, but he pulled through and the doctors said that he can return to his normal routine.

All of our plans were shifted to accommodate my dad's recovery. I was ready to ditch the entire idea of having a baby shower, but Ms. Izzy and Ms. Jamie weren't having it. They changed things around but either way, we were still to celebrate Baby L. The baby shower was here in Texas and then we'd be back in California awaiting the arrival of our baby.

We came home to Texas last night and our baby shower would be here at our house. Just like there was a nursery set up in California, there was one here. Logan also had a lot of renovations going on and every time we came back, there was something new. The guest house was now a cozy two bedroom. Lauren now had a bigger room and her room was now the guest room. The nursery was next to ours.

The two of us had discussed getting another house, something larger for our growing family as we both wanted more kids. We'd cross that bridge when we got there. For now, it's perfect for our pending family of 4.

I slowly started to wake up out of my sleep as I felt kisses on my face.

"Wake up, baby."

Opening my eyes, there was my fiancé.

"Hey," I whispered.

He gave me his signature smile.

"Hey. Sorry to wake you, but my mom scheduled you a massage before the baby shower."

"Mmm. That sounds amazing right now. I'll be downstairs in a few."

He placed light kisses all over my stomach before moving up my body and finally landing on my lips.

"You know I'm horny now. Go away."

He chuckled.

"I'll take care of you later. Come on, get up."

He held out his hand and helped me off the bed. I was due in 5 weeks and I was ready to get this baby out of me. I groaned as my feet hit the floor.

"What can I do?" Logan asked as I waddled to the bathroom.

"Can you run me a bath?"

"Of course."

I felt his arms snake around my waist as he lifted my belly. I let out a sigh of relief with how amazing that felt.

"Relax," he quietly said into my ear.

I don't know how long we stood there before he kissed my neck, a signal that he was about to let go. As he slowly dropped my belly, I couldn't help but groan.

"Only another month or so and then the baby will be here. I'll do whatever I can to make you comfortable in the meantime," he stated, kissing my lips and moving to the bathroom.

I started to do my morning routine while he prepped my bath. Once it was ready, he helped me into the tub and sat with me, rubbing circles on my belly. This was relaxation. To know I was getting a massage after this, I couldn't wait.

"Where's Lo?" I asked.

"She went to breakfast with Livy, Pat, Mickey, and Stephen."

"Oh, Lord. She's going to come back with stuff."

He chuckled.

"She actually wanted to pick out something for the baby so I gave Liv money for her to do that."