Raise Hell

|Jamie's POV|

Life as I know it has never been better. It took me a long time to get where I am now. To be less guarded, less angry, and more level headed. Far from perfect, but I've put in the work to truly heal and it shows.

Brandon (46) and I (43) have been together for over 20 years and married for around 15 years. I'll admit, he's better at keeping up with dates than I am. In this time of us being a unit, we have three beautiful kids: Bianca (17), Addison (14), and our baby boy, Liam (13).

Bianca is a Senior and will be graduating alongside Ava and Olivia. Sharna, Izzy, and I have already started planning their graduation party. While Olivia took the dance route, Bianca wanted to follow in her Uncle Tyler's footsteps. It's funny to us that Olivia wants to be a lawyer like Brandon and Bianca wants to be a doctor.

Addison is a freshman and the absolute sweetest. While she hangs out with her big sister and cousins quite often, she's really fine staying to herself. She's still on our dance team, but musical theater is really her passion. Her and Mikayla have seen more musicals than I can count and when they were younger would make up their own. I know my niece is giving her parents hell right now, but I know she'll be alright. I mean, look at me and her mother, we turned out fine.

Then there's my baby boy, Liam, who's in 8th grade. Can't believe in less than a year I'll have two in high school and one in college. Liam is all about basketball which is a first for this family. He had a growth spurt over the Summer and now is taller than me. I knew he probably would take after Brandon who's over 6 feet. I have to remind my son regularly, just because he's taller doesn't mean I won't knock him down a few pegs when necessary.

Izzy had left to go drop something off at the hospital. She should be coming back any minute because we have a meeting in a half hour. Brandon was popping in for these since it would be a lot of legal jargon that he's more familiar with than we are. I heard a knock on my door and looked up to see my husband.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, handsome."

He came over, kissing me. I inhaled his signature scent.

"Mmm."

He chuckled, breaking the kiss.

"Why'd you stop the kiss?"

"We have work to do and I really don't want to bend you over this desk right now and get distracted."

I laughed.

"I wouldn't mind."

"I know you wouldn't. Meeting starts in about an hour. Where's Izzy? I didn't see her car outside."

"She had to go drop something off at the hospital. She should be back any minute."

I saw the look on his face.

"What do you know that I don't?"

"Huh?"

I raised my brow.

"Brandon..."

"We're going on a double date tonight with Ty and Izzy."

"Okay, that's fine, but that's not why you made that face just now. What's going on?"

He sighed.

"No one needs Izzy flipping out but there's a new doctor and nurse at the hospital that have been pushing up on Tyler."

"What?"

"You know Ty isn't paying that shit no mind."

"I've never questioned that. I know Ty loves Izzy and would never do some shit like that to her. My sister just walked into the lion's den. What if she runs into not one, but both of those bitches?"