The Inevitable

|Logan's POV|

This season has gone better than I could have ever imagined. I am a 2X Super Bowl Champion. The pressure is even higher now to see if we can 3 -peat, but to have 2 rings, we've solidified ourselves. Teo won the Super Bowl MVP which was well deserved. I got what I wanted last year by winning a ring. This year, to have my cousin and I playing on the same team which hasn't been the case since high school, cherry on top.

Matteo and Amanda are getting married this Summer before the season starts. They didn't want a long engagement and to be honest, I don't blame them. With the off season officially here, we just celebrated Lo's 5th birthday. Her birthday falling on Valentine's Day and us winning the Super Bowl a week prior was hectic, but we made it happen.

Her grandparents went all out, no surprise there. The fam headed to Disney World. That included all of my cousins. Patrick even got his niece, Ruby to join us. Lots of fun, lots of kids, lots of sugar. I'm still tired and that was two weeks ago. Crazy to think my princess will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.

We've been back in Texas since we got back from Disney World. It's early March, my birthday month. Erica and I are going to be going away for a week to celebrate our anniversary and Lo will be here with my parents. I would've taken her with us, but E and I do need some alone time. Plus, this trip is extremely special and I've been planning since her birthday this past fall. I'm proposing.

Getting ready for the day, I was heading to my parents house to drop Lo off before going to hang out with Teo. Erica is off doing bachelorette party stuff with Amanda and Sasha. Happy to have my cousin back in town. Her and JJ are hot and heavy with their romance. He's in Ireland at the moment working and she wanted to be here to help Amanda as much as she could. I'm happy that Sasha is friends with not just Teo's girl, but mine as well.

"Lauren! Come on, we're leaving!" I yelled up the stairs.

I was answering emails and left my daughter upstairs. Sometimes I have to keep an eye on her as she's becoming more and more sneaky these days. Just as I was about to head up the stairs, I heard her footsteps. She had her iPad in one hand and her book bag in the other.

Harper, I go to my grandma and grandpa's. Call you later.

I chuckled as I heard Harper say goodbye. These two as teenagers was going to be something.

"I ready, daddy," she said, dragging her bag down the stairs.

As soon as she got close enough, I picked her up.

"Daddy, I'm a big girl. I can walk."

"What, you turn 5 and I can't pick you up?"

She quickly shook her head.

"I not a baby."

"You're always going to be my baby, my Lo Lo, my lady bug."

I tickled her and she squealed.

"Alright, shoes on," I said, placing her on the floor.

She moved to put on her shoes and I picked up her book bag. Unzipping it I saw it was filled with toys.

"Lots of toys in here, bug. You. know you have toys at grandma and grandpas."

She came over and took her bag from my hands.

"My bag."

She tried to stuff her iPad inside.

"Lauren..."

"It won't fit in my bag, daddy," she whined.

I could see she was getting frustrated.

"How about we leave the iPad home."