Figuring Things Out

|Erica's POV|

After leaving Logan's parents house, Olivia chatted the entire way back to my dad's about how much she loved her grandma and grandpa. After her nap, she not only got her treat which was a cookie the size of her face. They also had a few gifts for her which were toys and other things to keep at their house. My baby girl could be a spitfire but she was always so thankful anytime someone gave her anything.

On the drive back, Logan looked over at me as Olivia took a break from talking and was playing with one of the toys they told her she could take home.

"You good?" he asked.

"Yeah. Do you need me to pack her a bag or anything since she's going to be staying at your house?"

"I should be good for tonight. I have a nightlight, clothes, pull ups..."

"Daddy!"

He looked in the rearview mirror.

"Lauren, I was speaking, baby girl."

"Oh, sorry daddy. 'Cuse me. Can I talk?"

"Mommy and I are talking right now, but hold on tight to what you have to say for a few minutes. Alright?"

She pouted and huffed.

"Okay."

"Like I was saying, I should be good," he continued.

I nodded and looked out the window.

"What did my mom say to you?"

I glanced over at him. Ms. Izzy had whispered to me when I greeted her before lunch and we talked alone for a bit while Lauren was napping and Logan was off with his dad.

"I can't have private conversations with your parents?"

"That's not what I'm saying, Erica. I just know my mom."

"While you were with your dad, we just talked about Lauren. She was telling me that there's similarities with your sisters. If you're asking what she whispered to me before we ate, she told me to never hurt you again or she'd be coming for me."

"What?"

"She's your mom, Logan. As a mom myself, there's nothing I wouldn't do for Lauren. I hurt you in one of the worst ways possible and when your mom asked me about Lauren being yours, I dodged the topic. I will never hurt you in that way again and never keep her away from you for any reason."

He nodded.

"I'll talk to my mom. I don't need her saying shit like that to you."

Before I could respond, we were back at my dads. As we got out, I heard a ball bouncing which meant my brother, DJ, was home.

"Mommy, can I go play with Uncle DJ?"

I looked over at Logan. He nodded.

"Sure, for a little bit then you're going home with daddy."

She unbuckled herself and Logan helped her out as she took off in search of her uncle. I heard her squeal with laughter. More and likely my brother picked her up and tossed her in the air.

Logan leaned against the hood of his car.

"I don't need you to talk to your mom. She didn't say anything wrong."

"Erica..."

"Logan, I hid our daughter from you. It'd be idiotic of me to think your family wouldn't look at me sideways to some extent. I apologized and I'll have to live with my decision."

"I get that, but if I'm moving on, it shouldn't be of concern to anyone else.

"You're right. I'm just saying, I can handle myself."