Birthday Queen

|Erica's POV|

It's my 25th birthday (shout out my Libra's) and in celebration of myself, I took the week off work. Now that football season is in full swing, Logan of course has training and practices during the week and games on the weekends. This man has a pretty busy schedule, but he manages his time so well, never making Lo or I feel left out. Thankfully the next two weeks were home games so at least he wouldn't be traveling.

Logan, Lauren and I spent 2 weeks in Europe for our family vacay. The first week was in Paris and Lauren loved going to Disneyland there and of course shopping. Then the second week was spent in London. The second week, both my dad and DJ joined along with Logan's family. Lauren loved being around her cousins and Logan and I were able to have some alone time.

We've all fallen into a routine since the season is back. Lauren has preschool during the week. My baby girl is in Pre-K 4 and will be in "big girl school" next year and starting Kindergarten. I've been working daily as well and also making this home our own. It's pretty much fully furnished, but I still have home decor and photos I want to add to make it feel even more comfy and cozy.

I heard Logan shuffling as I rolled over in bed. I'm sure he was getting ready to leave. I felt a kiss on my forehead and I heard something touch the nightstand.

"Morning," I mumbled.

"Morning, beautiful. Happy birthday."

"Thank you."

I was about to get up, but he pushed me back down.

"Relax, get some rest. You have a full day of surprises. I love you," he whispered.

I smiled and he kissed me again. Did he say surprises? I drifted back off to dreamland before my alarm went off. Looking at the nightstand I saw there as a small bouquet of flowers. My phone was also flooded with birthday wishes. I saw Logan had texted me as well.

Happy birthday, baby. I wish I could spend the entire day with you, but I have some things planned that'll keep you occupied. We'll celebrate tonight. I'm the meantime, get ready for a treasure hunt. You'll find your first clue in your car when you get ready to take Lo to school. Love you. See you later.

A treasure hunt? I got up and got ready for the day. I had no idea what Logan had planned so I decided on something comfy and casual. Once I was dressed, I went to wake up my princess. Checking her room, she wasn't there. I then heard a noise coming from downstairs. Heading to the kitchen, I saw my daughter.

"Morning, princess," I quietly said.

She jumped hearing my voice, but turned, smiling.

"Mommy! Close your eyes!"

"Okay, okay."

I covered my eyes and then I heard her say open. The lights were off, but there were tea lights lit up.

"Surprise! Happy birthday, mommy!"

"Aw, thank you baby."

"I made you card and daddy made breakfast. He said put in microwave. Oh and presents. Want to open them?"

"Let's have breakfast and see if we have time to open any before you go to school."

"Kay, mommy. Daddy made you French toast. He said it's your favorite."

"Daddy's French toast is yummy."

I looked on the stove to see Logan indeed made breakfast for us. Thank the Lord for a man that could cook. I warmed up the food and sat down to eat with my baby girl. Once we were finished, I cleaned up and she was ready to watch me open my gifts.