Not Again

|Stephanie's POV|

Another Thanksgiving in the books and another Survivor Series weekend for WWE. It feels so surreal to have all my kids, grandkids, and great-granddaughter here and I'm not working. Retiring wasn't something that I wanted to do as I've spent my entire life with WWE. Starting a new chapter outside of that was an adjustment to say the least, but more time with family and just enjoying the product as a fan has been great too.

Retirement has allowed me to spend more time with my kids and grandkids. Thank God I'm used to traveling, but also thankful that I can double up when I go to visit. There's Rory, Bash, Murphy and Ethan in New Jersey. Then there's Zach, Kylie, Asher, and Vaughn in Florida. Then of course in Texas there's Izzy, Tyler, Jamie, and Brandon. Being that Asher and Vaughn have been back on the road, I am in Florida quite a bit. Paul is all over the place and we're used to being apart. He's still with the company running all things creative. We're making it work and he's just as present as he can be.

Today is the day of Survivor Series and I was up pretty early prepping for the day. The chef came and prepared breakfast. While I'm fully capable, cooking for nearly 45 people ranging from 4 to over 55 is a lot.

"Morning beautiful," I heard.

Looking to the doorway, I smiled seeing my husband.

"Good morning. The coffee is ready in your mug."

Paul would be to the stadium earlier than most double and triple checking the lineup for tonight. Vaughn and Asher would be going with him as they had a lot of press to prep for since they were both the current champs. Vaughn had dropped her title at the Royal Rumble and took some time off to help with Asher's recovery. They both sat out for Mania and returned at Summer

They've never held the top title in a storyline together and I know they're enjoying it. Vaughn says this is her last go and Asher said he's ready to phase out as well. They don't want to completely leave the company, but both are invested in training the new generation and working behind the scenes instead of being in the crowd. Plus that schedule will give them time at home with the boys. They would usually travel with them, but with Blake having started Kindergarten in the last year and now both are on the road as he's started 1st grade, they're fully focused on family and a home base for the boys.

I plated food for the younger kids and made a plate for myself and Paul. I relaxed as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What time are you guys coming to the stadium?" he asked, kissing my neck.

"Show starts at 7 so we should be there about an hour before then. The kids can get their merch signed which I know they love to do. You ready?"

"Yeah. You know the cycle. Is there really ever a slow season?"

"After Mania, but now things are about to pick up."

"Mmm, you're right."

We heard little footsteps and I was surprised to see Lauren. She was rubbing her eyes and holding her teddy bear.

"Hi GG and Grampy."

Paul moved from beside me to pick her up.

"Hey, princess. You sleep okay?"

She nodded, laying her head on his shoulder. She was still in her pajamas and her hair was all over her head. I smiled watching Paul hold her. He was rocking her and rubbing her back. Having as many grandchildren as we have is a blessing, but to now be able to experience the next generation as well, cherry on top.

"Want to eat and then you can get dressed sweetie?" I asked.

"Okay, GG."

Paul sat in the chair and kept her on his lap as I slid over both of their plates. She smiled seeing the mini waffles.