Bad Boy

|Mikayla's POV|

I am finally off punishment for sneaking out of the house and there's this bonfire tonight that I've been asking my parents if I could go. My sister and cousins were. Mom seemed to be on-board, it was my dad that was holding things up.

I went in search of my mother and heard her voice coming from the kitchen. Entering, I saw she was on the phone. She smiled and held up her hand to give her a minute. She quickly ended her call and turned her attention to me.

"Hey, Mickey. You hungry? I was just about to get started on breakfast."

I shook my head.

"You need to talk to your husband."

She looked taken aback that I said that.

"Excuse you?"

"You know, Dr. Tyler Law, your husband. He's on some bullshit waiting to give me an answer about this bonfire and if I can go or not and it's not fair."

Her eyes widened, but then I saw the scowl take over. Okay, I should've said that in my head and rephrased it differently out loud.

"Sit your ass down," she said, pointing to the chair at the island.

"Mom..."

"Now, Mikayla."

I sighed, taking a seat.

"Look, I don't know what's going on with you lately and I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Coming in here disrespecting your father? Yeah, that's not happening. So, watch your mouth and check your tone. Understand?"

"Yeah, whatever."

I watched her grab a wooden spoon. Dammit.

"Want to try that again, sweetheart?"

Although her voice was calm and gentle, I knew she wasn't playing around and I'd feel that damn spoon on my bottom.

"Morning," dad greeted.

He stopped short, seeing what mom was holding. I saw out of the corner of my eye that he was looking between us.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

"It sure is. We were just having a bit of a misunderstanding, but Mikayla and I now have clarity on the issue. Don't we, sweetie?"

"Yes, mom."

She smiled and turned to dad.

"I started the Nespresso for your coffee and I'm about to get started on breakfast. What would you guys like?"

"French toast," Olivia suggested as she entered the kitchen.

"That's fine. I haven't made that in a while. It'll be ready shortly."

"I'm going to go outside and lay in the hammock," Olivia stated.

"Forgetting something?" dad said, stopping her.

She looked at him confused before it clicked in her head.

"Oh, good morning everyone."

As quickly as she came into the kitchen, she left. Dad made his way over to mom, wrapping his arms around her waist. My siblings were grossed out but their PDA, but everyone in this family was like that. I guess I'm immune to it. Anyways, back to the situation at hand.

"So, dad..."

He slowly turned, giving me his undivided attention.

"What's on your mind, princess?"