11. No One Else

When Davina and Daemon were 7, Viserys was promised to Aemma Arryn.

The Eyrie. Their main holding in the Eyrie was considered to be impregnable which at seven Davina was confused. How does one impregnate a building. Then she learned they meant it was a fortress.

"Can't get in?" Davina mused.

"Thats what they say." Alyssa agreed. "But we are invited in."

Davina had a thought, as they prepared for their journey for Viserys to meet his future bride.

"Daemon." Davina declared grabbing his shirt and dragging him along. "We are breaking into the Eyrie!" Daemon blinked back at her. "Look, look," Davina said pulling out a map she had borrowed from the maesters chambers unknowingly to the maester.

"It sits on the tallest mountain in the vale, the gates are here at the foot and the Eyrie is at the top." She moved her hand around the map.

"We have to be sneaky." Davina declared.

"Why do you want to sneak in? We are already going." Daemon reminded her.

"Because I don't like being told no and mum said that it's a fortress."

"That doesnt sound like a no." Daemon countered.

"That's only because I'm smarter than you." Davina informed him. Daemon shrugged in agreement. "Okay, heres the plan."

The plan didnt work, Alyssa saw Davina trying to be sneaky and Baelon trapped Davina in his lap as they rode forward.

"I just wanted to explore." Davina told him innocently. "It's not like Viserys is going to live here."

"No he will be at Dragonstone." Baelon agreed.

"They say its a fortress, I just wanted to test it out." Davina added.

"I love you Davina, don't be trouble today." Baelon begged.

"Trouble? Pft, me? You must be thinking of Dae." Davina offered.

"Must be." Baelon mused.

Viserys was smitten but of course he was, he was a teenage boy that was told he was to marry a girl that seemed like an angel, doting over Viserys immediately.

Davina was bored. Alyssa could tell because she was messing with the knights armor.

"Davina," Alyssa hissed pulling her away. "So sorry." ALyssa remarked.

"Dirty." Davina said wiping her finger on her mothers dress. "They dont sparkle like at Dragonstone."

Davina was blunt, she liked things her way and she was bossy, but it was impossible not to love Davina.

"I don't like being up this high." Davina remarked.

"You fly higher with Fury." Baelon countered.

"Yeah but thats fun, this is just..." Davina nodded to Viserys and Aemma. "You took my fun of trying to break into a fortress." Davina reminded him.

"I did. I'm sorry. Lets try and find something that you do like." Baelon offered but Davina turned around and nudged Daemon. He nudged her back, back and forth until they were both giggling.

"They are either fighting and screaming or completely smitten with each other." Alyssa remarked coming up behind her husband and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I got the first proposal for Davina last moon." Baelon whispered, Alyssa stared back at him. "I tossed it." Baelon assured.

"She is seven."

"That's why I tossed it." Baelon agreed.

"Goodness, it was a creepy old man wasnt it?" Alyssa hissed.

"Frey." Baelon confirmed.

"My Davina." Alyssa whispered leaning into Baelon. "i don't want to worry about that, she is content with Daemon and Fury, she is a child."

"You were declaring you wanted to marry me not too many years older than our Davina." Baelon recalled.

"Yes, I stand by that. I just knew." Alyssa agreed.

"I had wondered if the twins were closer in age to Viserys if Davina would dote over Viserys as you did myself." Baelon remarked.

"She loves her brothers." Alyssa remarked.

"I just thought it would be funny if she fell in love with Viserys or Daemon, following after her mother." Baelon added. "Falling head over heels in love and no one else would do."

"Davina is going to love who she loves, because I know she is like me she is going to fall hard and fast and throw a fit for everyone else thrown at her."

"Your siblings seem close." Aemma remarked.

"They are, we all are." Viserys agreed. "I can introduce you but I warn you Davina is a spitfire and she will tell you the truth, there is no gentle honestly."

"How refreshing." Aemma mused and Viserys chuckled.

"Wait til you meet her." Viserys countered. "Davina, Daemon, meet Lady Aemma."

"Hello Princess Davina, Prince Daemon." Aemma said kindly. Davina and Daemon shared a look before they echoed hello. "Such a pretty dress, princess Davina." Aemma remarked. Davina looked her up and down.

"Davina..." Viserys whispered.

"I think you will look good in red." Davina offered. "The pale blue really drowns you out."

"I should also mention that Davina is quite skilled at complimenting and insulting within the same breath." Viserys murmured.

"It is a skill." Daemon agreed.

"What?" Davina spat back. "I basically said welcome to the family."

"That's not what I heard." Viserys countered.

"Well, it's what I meant." Davina offered.