48. No Take Backs

Soon You'll Get Better/ Sandor Clegane out now!

Davina loved married life. Married to Daemon that is. Everyone had known of Davina's many failed marriages.

Cesar Lannister was a cunt. Davina stood by that. Burning him was for the best. Thats when it started. Fury and her great blood bond.

Then was Barney Baratheon, he was a drunk bear and quite flammable.

Gabriel wasnt bad, that was entirely Viserys fault.

Seamus was a good guy. A great guy. Maybe that man find peace, Davina thought fondly.

Titus was a twin. Davina didnt know it at the time but he had a twin that he too loved. Maybe they could have worked something out. A bit of you fuck your sister and I take Daemon sort of deal... but alas he didnt work out either.

Now Daemon. Her daemon. He was hers.

"Come on Dae!" Davina purred glancing back at him but he grabbed her hand pulling her to a stop. "Whats wrong? No take backs!" Davina half teased but worry filled her.

"No gorgeous never

"No gorgeous never. I love you too much," daemon assured. He eased something out of the inside pocket of his bag, a stack of papers bound with twine, and twisted it around in his hands.

"But I didn't... know how to say the words. I didnt want to send them... the capital... while I was being a dick." Daemon admitted as he held it out for her.

Davina ran her thumb over the folded edges of the papers she pulled the top one free and smiled reading it. She pursed her lips fighting back a smile he really did understand he fucked up and he really did want her back.

"You wrote me love letters?" she pondered.

"Is that cheesy?" The smile broke through.

"I guess I'll know once I read them all." She countered and he smirked as he pulled her against his side, wrapping an arm over her shoulders. The embrace was casual, friendly, like before, simple and yet she felt the love.

"God, just please don't read them in front of me. And maybe burn them when you're done." He added.  "Burning is your style." He remarked kissing her gently.

"Only if you can manage not to embarrass me again." Davina demanded.

"I'll have you know, after I left, I hated myself for what I did to you. I hated myself Dav. I hated hurting you." Daemon remarked. "I was awful and I never deserved you."

"You really didnt but I'm no piece of cake." Davina assured.

"You really arent," daemon agreed and she swatted a hand at him. "Im a catch. A God sent!" Daemond declared and Davina laughed out. He smiled kissing her.

"We might need to teach you the difference between people laughing with you and people laughing at you." Davina teased.

"Gorgeous you can laugh all you want as long as you end up in my bed in my arms every night." Daemon declared. She arched an eyebrow as she peered up at him. "You are my one and only."

"You're still on probation." Davina mused. He shrugged as they started down the path, the sun setting behind the mountains in front of them it was a perfect day. They felt perfect. Finally getting their forever.

"Fine by me." Daemon assured her confidently. "Worked out pretty well last time you had to discipline me." Davina laughed out.

"Oh Dae you havent seen discipline." Davina coed.

"I love when you talk dirty to me!"