72. You & Carrot Cake

coming home from westeros was sweetness. She was mobbed by her babies they ran to her telling her never to leave again. Never ever she agreed. Daemon held onto like a lifeline and Davina knew her trip although fun for her was less so for her family.

"I wasn't sure you'd come home Dav," daemon said, a smile curling his lips. Relief burned through him, melting the tension stringing him tighter than a watch turned too many times. He was moving before he realized it, closing the distance between them.

"There was no way I could stay away any longer." Davina assured. He cupped her face with both hands, desperate to kiss her, to pick her up and carry her to the bedroom, to do whatever it took to never let her leave again.

But he shouldn't, not yet. He had to fix things first, tell her that he failed as a father and husband and let the kids do whatever they wanted. That Daelia was in charge of them and that was just fine with Daemon. He would make her understand that he'd never fuck up again he would be the damn man and not run in terror from his ti y daughter. Okay, realistically, he'd mess up again because he wasn't perfect, but he'd fix it—just like he'd fix this.

He had no idea what he was going to say, but the words still came out fast and honest from some deep place inside himself that he hadn't known was there—not until He knew Davina was his forever.

"I fucked up because I was scared. Scared of losing you, scared of not being the one to make things easier for you, scared of who in the hell I was if I wasn't the one who took care of everything." His heart hammered against his ribs as panic and hope and a bone-deep plea to the universe had him on the edge of freaking the fuck out. "It's who I've been my whole life, and I have no clue who I am if not that, but I want to try to figure it out. And I want to do that with you, because I can't imagine doing that or anything else without you."

"What happened?" Davina demanded.

It felt like he was going to have a heart attack, or his brain was going to explode with the effort to keep his damn mouth shut, but he did. And he had every intention of staying true to that mission, but then she let out a little sigh, a softer version of the sound she made when she came, and something inside him snapped.

Kissing her, he put every desperate hope, every foolish dream, and every sacred promise into it. There was more, so much more, but it would take a lifetime to show her every way she made him a better man. He tilted her head back, deepening the kiss as she let out little moans of pleasure that shot straight to his cock.

"Daelia and Seamus told me everything. You dont have to worry Dae." Davina assured as she broke the kiss

She pressed her fingertips to her kiss-swollen lips as she moved around him and closed the chamber door, leaning her back against it as the noise outside disappeared into the hallway room.

"Im a bad dad. I let boss me around Dav." Daemon remarked. Unable to stop himself from touching her, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"And im glad you are man enough to tell me that." Davina agreed kissing him again.

"You are the better parent." Daemon ddclared and davina tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh baby its not a competition. But if it was I win." Davina agreed. "What do I get as my prize?"

"Me." Daemon answered.

"Anything else?" She teased.

"Am I not a good enough prize?" Daemon countered.

"You and carrot cake."

Night had fallen as the storm played on and he had pulled her to bed under the sound of the rain. He tilted her chin up and captured her lips. His kiss stayed, connecting, as her body built and fell beneath him, the sound of his name a whisper in the dark. She fell asleep against him. Felt his fingers threading through her hair. Slow and simple and it made her smile. Made his pulse that much stronger in his veins. She was staying. Soft and here and he lay his forehead against hers. She could never go on a trip without him again.