23. Convince Him

Davina kissed her father's cheek before heading to Viserys room at the capital. She plopped down next to him.

"He's dying isnt he?" Davina whispered. Viserys put down his book and stared back at her. "That's why you wanted me to forgive him." She realized.

"He had been complaining about a stitch in his stomach on a hunting trip grandsire was told and he told me. Our father wasnt doing well before then but he has only seemed to have gotten worse." Viserys remarked.

"He wasnt the only one that lost mom." Davina whispered.

"I know, he knows that." Viserys agreed. "He just wants..." Viserys let out a deep sigh changing directions instead. "Did you? Forgive him?"

"I don't know." Davina admitted. "I still hate him at times I think... he said he wanted me married to a Lannister. Said it was a good match." Viserys sighed as Davina leaned into him. "Daemon is my perfect match Viserys. I know it in my heart!"

"I will talk to him again." Viserys offered.

"Thank you Vis." Davina declared. But when Viserys got to his fathers chambers he wouldnt wake, he pulled the covers back, their father had been bed ridden for five days after the hunting trip only to die of burst belly.

+

Davina leaned into Daemon as their grandsire lit the pyre for his final child. All his children, all of them dead. He had been blessed with so many children but they were all taken before him.

Davina's eyes reflected in the fire as they watched their father burn. Star dust Davina thought as he turned to ash.

"You get to be with mom forever." Davina whispered reaching out and touching the flames. "Tell her I miss her."

+

Baelon died with Davina hating him. But she couldnt hate a dead man. So her anger shifted to Viserys when he declared she was still to marry Cesar Lannister.

"I won't, won't." Davina sobbed out. "I won't marry him. Father would have listened to me. He wouldnt have gone through with this." Davina demanded. "I would have been able to convince him this was stupid."

"Davina, please. I'm just trying to do right by father." Viserys begged.

"No! No!" Davina screamed tears in her eyes. "I could have changed his mind, I thought you loved me?"

"I do, I do, Davina I love you so much." Viserys corrected.

"You wouldnt do this to a person you love."

+

"Im to marry the princess Davina?" Cesar couldnt believe his ears. "How did you fuckers swing that?"

"Baelon was a wreck after Alyssa passed being on the council I gave him a gentle nudge."

"Father this is amazing! I will be royalty-"

"Cesar listen to me. Davina is not going to be a walk in the park."

"I figured as much." Cesar agreed. "Pompous girl with a little crown on her head. Given everything her whole life. She needs a stern hand."

"I have had the pleasure to meet Princess Davina a few times. Shes a spit fire."

"And Im a lion." Cesar reminded him. "I can handle a bit of flames."

+

"Dude! You are gonna be fucking a princess!"

"I know right." Cesar agreed. "Shes gonna be sucking my cock every night."

"I cant believe you got so lucky. All the ladies at the castle are such prissy do gooders. She is going to bend over backwards to make you happy and satisfy your every desire!"

"Good thing father was on the council when her daddy crooked!" Cesar agreed.

The lannisters were thrilled, one of their own within the royal fold. Davina would be a Lannister and they would rise higher and higher in the ranks.

Cesar was not the ideal candidate but he was the right age. He looked good on parchment and could fake all the plesentries to get what he wanted.

Now he was getting a princess.

"Does that make me a king?" Cesar questioned.

"Prince and no."

"But if shes a princess and-"

"She is not the queen. Even if she was you would still be a Lord."

"That's a bunch of bullshit if I've ever heard it." Cesar countered.

"Your children will be princes and princesses but you will still be Lord Cesar lannister." Cesar stared back at his father.

"Bull shit." He repeated. "She will be princess Davina Lannister and I'm still a fucking lord? No, no, I'm fucking a princess and giving her little royals then I'm a damn prince."

"Please hold your tongue."

"Why? Everyone knows men rule the world. I could fuck her on the table in front of her king brother at our wedding and she would be praising me." Cesar informed him confidently.

"You don't know Princess Davina."

"I dont have to know her, she will do as I say. As is the way." Cesar remarked.

"Her title is higher than yours, you should be gracious and give more than you take."

"Fuck titles. I'm going to be a prince."

"You are not listening. The princess Davina isnt like other ladies, you will have to woe her. She will not be impressed by you or your confidence."

"I'm not wooing her she should be grateful. I have many prospects." Cesar lied.

"You have your whores like the rest of westeros. You will do as you are bid and put on a smiling face and be kind to that girl. She has a fury inside her and wants an end to this union. I wont let that happen."

"I will make that dragon my bitch." Cesar assured.