94. Master of War

Rhaenyra was a married woman to a man she loved, from the dragon noises they were making in their chambers Davina suspected another Strong Targaryen baby coming soon. 

But now was the part where they told Viserys and the world, that Alicent, Otto and their loyal followers were dead. Davina smirked back at Daemon. 

"I love that look in your eyes." Daemon decided. 

"I'm very interested to see how this talk with Vis goes." Davina remarked. "Do you want to do the honors? YOu did the deed after all." 

"Nah..." Daemon corrected kissing her cheek. "I'm going to check on the kids you, you were always viserys favorite though, it should come from you." 

"You are right, I'm the favorite." Davina agreed. So she headed off, preparing a speech in her mind about what do say and how to say it but by the time she found Viserys she thought but just spit it out and hope he doesnt have a heart attack, a stroke, just live Viserys Davina thought, she demanded silently as she came closer, a small smile on her face as she kissed his forehead. 

''Viserys. I'm sorry. Alicent is dead.' Davina said in monotone. "Otto too, a shame, their ship just went... boom."

''What? Who?'' Viserys questioned

''Who?'' Davina repeated with a chuckle.

''Rhaenyras friend. Ottos daughter.'' Daemon reminded him.

''Oh. Thats a shame.'' Viserys remarked and davina stared at him.

''Yeah... a shame.'' Davina agreed kissing his cheek. ''You get some rest brother.''

''Yes. That sounds good.'' Viserys agreed.

"He is failing and failing fast." Davina remarked softly.

"Good thing we have a loyal hand." daemon mused looking to Lyonel.

"She looks happy." Davina remarked as Rhaenyra clung to Harwin and the boys were thrilled to have their father back.

"Aunt Davina." Aemond said coming up to them.

"Yeah love?"

"Can we go riding?"

"Are you sure he isnt your son?" Daemon questioned. "His mother is dead and he wants to ride."

"I think thats a great idea." Davina agreed.

+

"Daemon its past time I did this." Viserys croaked out. Daemon looked skeptically to Davina.

"Prince Daemon of dragonstone I declare the hand of the king."

"Yes good choice daemon is so responsible." Davina agreed before a smile spread across her face. "I almost said that with a straight face!" Davina declared laughing out.

"Dav." Daemon grumbled

"You will do well." Davina assured as she kissed him. "Its a good choice vis."

"Good because I want you as my master of war." Viserys agreed.

"Putting Dav in charge of weaponry?" Daemon declared and Davina whacked him.

"I graciously accept!" Davina agreed. "Let me be peace not war though. I hate manual labor." She mused.

"Thank you for... everything." Viserys remarked. "Through all the highs and lows I'm grateful that I still have you two in my life." 

"Oh Vis, dont get all mushy on us, you are going to make me cry." Davina declared hugging him. "I'm happy we are back. I missed you Vis." Davina assured. "Also, no take backs." Daemon nodded in agreement. 

"Hand of the king." Daemon agreed proudly. 

"Master of war." Davina challenged. "My position sounds more bad ass."

"I have more power." Daemon countered. 

"Do you though?" Davina mused. 

"Always competing you two." Viserys chuckled out. 

"Always, Davina keeps me on my toes." Daemon agreed.