44. Tiny Gods

Davina had never felt so free in dorne. But reality set in and she worried about the future, her future, everything really and found herself in the dorne kitchens stabbing at cake. 

"You dont need them." Tommen remarked when he found Davina stabbing at her carrot cake. "You are a wise woman, and wise women refuse to be anyones victim."

"I never claimed to be wise." Davina corrected.

"You are a smart ass, bad ass, with a great ass." Tommen agreed and Davina tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"Wow, sweet talker."

"But you are wise. I didnt want to do this Dav, but if you need me to fuck you into oblivion daily for the rest of your life, I can take that burden."

"Burden you say?" Davina teased and Tommen smiled back at her. 

"I like having you here, I miss you."

"I miss you." Davina agreed leaning over and kissing his cheek. 

"I love you Dav, and I know Daemon is the one for you. I hate that he is because I think we could be great together." Tommen remarked. 

"I think we could be great." Davina admitted. "But Daemon."

"But Daemon." Tommen agreed. 

"You know I always thought you would be married and have little dornish cuties running around."

"And who is my wife?" 

"You ever meet my cousin Avalon? I know you have, she's a sweetie. But my cousin Gaena was smitten with you. I could set up a meet and greet."

"Brushing me off, fuck me and give me a rebound." Tommen declared with a laugh. 

"Gaena loved you." Davina agreed. "She wouldnt mind that you are now my rebound."

"I love you Dav, I dont want Daemon to ruin you. I dont want you to do something-" He hesitated but Davina filled in the blanks. 

"Something stupid and reckless? It's like you know me." Davina agreed.

"You are my best friend, you are so much more than Daemon. So whatever you want to do, I'm here for you." Tommen declared. "Fiery or otherwise." he added.

"Thank you." Davina answered smiling back at him a laugh on her lips. "I think now though... Now I need to kill something."

Tommen smiled laughing out as his head tipped back in his chair. 

"Would you like to watch?" Davina pondered

"Fuck yeah." Tommen agreed but he grabbed her hand. "You do deserve love. Real and true."

"Thank you Tom."

+"I wish you would stay

+

"I wish you would stay." Tommen declared as he walked her to Fury.

"I promised Rhaenyra and it was a pinky promise." Davina informed him. "And I don't want to be cursed by the tiny fingered Gods." Tommen stared back at her before he realized she was serious.

"That sounds bad." Tommen agreed. "You should definitely come right back though."

"I love you Tom. Always." Davina assured hugging him tight. "Thanks for all this."

"Don't thank me Dav, you make me feel like a whore." Tommen teased and Davina swatted at him laughing. "Come back Dav. I miss my friend."

"I will." Davina agreed. "But just in case its not for a while..." Davina added kissing him again. "Prince Tommen of Doorknob, it is always a pleasure!" Davina exclaimed.

"We were having a nice moment." Tommen called after as she pulled herself up. She blew him a kiss from Fury's back. "Bye Davina!"

"Love you!"