13. Star Dust

Viserys wedding was here and Davina was bored and done, just done.

''Ready five six seven eight,'' davina said as she clapped taking a step back. ''I am ready... to give up!'' She declared lifting her hands up.

''Nope.'' Alyssa told her and Davinas gaze shifted to Viserys as though he could save her.

"Sorry Dav." Viserys said softly.

"I don't why I have to dress up, I'm not getting married." Davina countered.

"She has a good point. That applies to me too." Daemon declared and she spun around.

"But you look cute." Davina informed him and Daemon tugged on his suit jacket proudly.

"Compliments." Alyssa remarked fondly. "Davina you must be in a good mood."

"Just being honest." Davina countered.

Davina didnt listen to the speeches, I am his and he is mine and blah, blah, blah. She grabbed daemon and they spun around the dance floor.

Alyssa leaned into Baelon as they danced beside their youngest children.

"They are so perfect." Alyssa whispered as Baelon kissed her.

"You want another?" Baelon mused. Alyssa glanced to Daemon spinning Davina around as she laughed out tipping right into Alyssa.

"Yes.' She answered running a hand through Davina's hair before she ran off lunging into Daemon happily.

Davina was so hopped up on cake that when the night came to an end, Daemon passed out frosting on his face and Davina ran outside jumping into Alyssa's arms.

"Hi mama, what you looking at?" Davina asked.

"The stars." Alyssa answered kissing davinas cheek.

"Lots of stars up there." davina agreed. "Any star in particular?" She mused and Alyssa laughed holding Davina closer.

"You know I was thinking about my mother, and how she would have loved you." Alyssa informed her. Davina looked up at Alyssa a sad smile on her face. "Do you know why we burn bodies?"

"Because we are fire and blood." Davina answered.

"Yes but also because the dust, our dust and ashes when burned we get a chance at new life." Alyssa remarked.

"What do you mean?"

"When we die out ashes turn to star dust." Alyssa declared bringing a hand up to the sky. "Whirling around the sky, the stars, so when you are flying you are closer to your ancestors."

"When I die we can hang out in the stars together?" Davina offered.

"One day when you are very old and had a very long life, you and I will be reunited in the stars together. But flying Fury, you get to be with everyone that has come before you, before us, they are right there."

"Thats weird and beautiful." Davina informed her.

"Just feeling nostalgic is all." Alyssa remarked. "i remember my wedding to your father."

"Did your siblings pass out in their cake too?" Davina asked glancing back at Daemon.

"Quite possibly," Alyssa agreed. "I was so in love, I am still so in love with your father." Alyssa remarked. "I hope you get the chance to find that, that one true love that rocks you to your core. ''

"I dont know that I want a love like that." davina remarked.

"You are still young, plenty of time." Alyssa assured.

"What if I don't have that one person?" Davina countered.

"Maybe you have more than one true love." Alyssa offered.

"First loves and true loves... what was father?"

"My first love and my true love." Alyssa informed her. "I got lucky, I hope you find that boy when you are older and you smile at him like how Daemon looks at you." Davina turned around.

"Daemon doesnt love me like that." Davina corrected and Alyssa chuckled. "He does?" Davina questioned. "I dont know how I feel about that." Davina remarked softly. "Can I still beat him in races and call him names when he is being stupid and be the boss if I love him?"

"You find a man that loves you for you." Alyssa declared. "All the things that make you uniquely you Davina. If he doesnt love and appreciate you then he wasnt the one."

"But Daemon-"

"Maybe i'm wrong." alyssa remarked. "Just because you love someone or someone loves you doesn't mean that love will be reciprocated."

"That's sad." Davina whispered looking back up at the stars.

"But sometimes you find that person and everything just makes sense, the stars shine brighter, the music plays louder and your heart beats in rhythm with his."