18. To Hurt

'My mother used to tell me that when we die our ashes turn to star dust, whirling around in the sky.' Davina remarked as she stared up at the sky. 'so when I was up in the air, I would always be with her.' Davina moved to the dragon cave getting Fury out as Daemon got Caraxes.

'I miss her.' Davina said softly.

'it hurts.' Davina admitted. "Missing her, it hurts, it really hurts." Davina looked to Viserys as he hugged her gently.

'I know you miss her, I do too. And you miss her because you love her. Because she was important to you. You dont feel a pain like that a pain that shakes you to your core unless she was important and made an impact on your life." Viserys remarked kissing the top of her head. "You are going to carry this loss and pain with you.' Viserys informed her.

"I don't want to. I want her back." Davina corrected. Viserys offered her a hand as she pulled herself up on Fury.

"Don't let her memoires weigh you down, let it lift you up.' Viserys suggested.

'I miss her still Vis." Davina whimpered and Viserys saw her tears slide down her cheeks landing hot on Fury's back.

"She wouldnt want you to be sad, either of you. Mum loved us. Loved us and wanted the world for us. She wanted us to have love and be loved... she wanted us to stay together. I know that with complete certainty because I see your heart.' Viserys informed them.

'Love hurts.' Davina told him sadly. Davina would only find that out more and more over the years just how much the people you love can rip you apart, tear your heart from your body and keep on living. With that heartless pain of someone gripping and squeezing your heart over and over again, no end to the pain in sight.

'It hurts because it was real.' Viserys told her. 'Let's touch the clouds and see if we can't get a little closer to her.'

Davina spent the next moon in the sky. She scarcely came down. Until one day, it stopped hurting so much. She felt the pain of her mother being gone but she remembered the love, the good times.

Daemon was staring down at the egg in the crib when Davina found him.

"I was going to put it back in the pits." Daemon remarked softly.

"Aemma is pregnant again." davina corrected. "We can give it Viserys and her." Davina suggested.

"You can't ever die Dav." Daemon begged holding her closer. "I would die without you."

"If you died before me I would marry Tommen." Davina teased.

"That's the biggest insult ever." Daemon informed her seriously as he picked her throwing her over his shoulder.

"I'm kidding, I love you and only you for the rest of my life!" Davina assured. "There is no one else. There will never be anyone else that consumes me as you do."