39. Ignore Forever

"I would gladly wait forever." Harwin remarked kissing Davina's neck. She rolled over resting her chin on his chest. She liked him. SHe didnt know that it would ever turn to love, but she really liked him. He made her forget. But something about forever struck a nerve with her. 

Forever. 

Forever. 

Forever. 

That seemed like a lie. It should have been a romantic word of promising forever but Davina felt pain when he said it. But she forced a smile and kissing his chest before getting out of bed. 

She shouldnt be scared of forever but it scared her immensely. 

"Can I... see you later?" Harwin questioned " Get you a drink or... I dont know take you out?" 

Davina didnt know what she wanted but seeing Harwin walking naked towards her made her mind stop thinking. He wrapped his arms around her. 

"I think a few moons of bedding  your gorgeous self should get me a proper date." Harwin mused. "What do you think?"

"Dinner in the light of day in return for moons of sex." Davina teased. "I think I can swing that." She agreed. She had to move on. Harwin kissed her as his hands slid down grabbing her ass. "Although my bed is more comfortable." Davina added as his lips continued its slow descent. 

"Too late. You already agreed." Harwin countered. "If I'm lucky I might just end up in your bed again."

"You feeling lucky?" Davina mused. 

"The real question..." Harwin countered as he dropped to his knees. "Is if you want me to finish this tonight..." Her hands fisted his hair. "Because I have to get to work." Harwin remarked as he licked up her before standing up. 

"That was mean." Davina countered. 

"I will see you tonight then." Harwin agreed kissing her deeply and for a moment she forgot about everything else. "Dont make me wait forever my tongue has gotten a taste for your cunt Davina."  Harwin remarked as he dressed. 

"Scandalous."  

"I think you can handle a bit of scandal." Harwin remarked kissing her again before he headed out. 

+

Alicent isolated herself. She had lost her friends and no one cared for her. She needed this child to be a son. Then everyone would love her and stop hating her. 

Rhaenyra avoided Alicent like the plague. Davina was indifferent since Daemon was gone. 

Alicent had tried with Rhaenyra but to Rhaenyra she didnt see that Alicent didnt choose to be queen, to be viserys wife, to be her step mother, she was chosen. 

So when ALicent went into labor she was alone. She had her handmaidens but she just wanted her best friend back. She knew this was the drill. Alone. The birthing bed was a battle field. One to be fought alone. 

So Alicent prayed for death. Then she prayed for a son. She was the queen. She was the damn queen. She shouldnt be scared. This was her castle. 

But her screams echoed as she delivered Aegon. 

"I never want to have children." Rhaenyra decided. 

"Meet the right man and you might change your mind." Davina countered her gaze shifted to Harwin. 

"Is Ser Harwin your right man?" Rhaenyra mused. Davina turned back to her bread, picking at the inside. "He's handsome." Rhaenyra admitted. 

"He is handsome." Davina agreed. 

"Not your forever?" Rhaenyra mused. 

"Forever." Davina hissed. ''What is forever?"

"Nothing is forever I suppose." Rhaenyra agreed softly. 

"Princesses," Larys said as he passed. Davina's eyes tracked him as he limped along. 

"What's wrong Auntie?"

"Everything sucks." Davina murmured. "Just kidding. Everything is great.'' Davina declared. Rhaenyra stared back at her confused. "No really. I havent thought about Daemon in like a day.... Oh wait... fuck I just did." Davina admitted. "But everything is fine. Really.'' Davina assured shoving the rest of her bread roll in her mouth. "Because I have- I have Harwin who I really like.... Am I mad? That he chose a whore over his family. After he promised me forever? Why would I?'' Davina hissed. "I hate me for loving him." 

"Oh Davina." Rhaenyra whispered. 

"Daemon promised forever and he broke it." Davina muttered taking a chunk out of her bread. "He fucking broke it." she said through aggressive bites.

"Dav-"

"Harwin said forever this morning and lets be real I'm an emotional melodramatic human and forever scares me but I like him."

"Then ignore forever and love him for now." Rhaenyra suggested. 

"When did you get so smart?" 

"Learn from the best."