86. Follow In My Footsteps

"There she is." Avalon declared. Silverwing stared back at them. "Go on Gia. You have to do this."

"Are you fire proof?" Davina asked as Gaena stepped forward. Gaena's steps faltered looking back at her. "I am... you probably are... don't die."

"That was not encouraging." Avalon spat. "Go on. You were born for this." Gaena stepped forward all the same. Silverwing stared back at her.

"This is a good start." Davina whispered.

"Hush." Avalon demanded.

Gaena moved slowly, she had to be confident. She had to be brave. Show no fear.

"Silverwing." Gaena declared getting closer. "Silverwing... you need a friend. I'm that friend." Gaena told her. "We can help each other." She told her getting closer and closer. Silverwing grumbled.

"YOU GOT THIS!" Davina shouted.

"HUSH!" Avalon hissed swatting a hand at Davina.

'' Dohaeras!'' Gaena shouted. ''Dohaeras, Silverwing!'' Gaena demanded and Silverwing settled, laying back down but her gaze was fixed on Gaena.

"This is going great we should have done this years ago." Daivina remarked as Gaena tried to soothe Silverwing.

"Yes a reunion is nice." Avalon agreed.

"No, this! Dragon hunt." Davina clarified.

"Davina." Avalon declared.

"Family is fun too." Davina agreed.

"Dohaeras." Gaena said getting closer and Silverwing grumbled again. ''Lykiri! Lykiri!'' Gaena demanded and Silverwing quieted ''Lykiri.'' She repeated taking another step closer.

Silverwing bowed before her. Gaena felt her heart race as she pulled herself up. She felt the heavy purr of Silverwing under her and she wanted to cry. She got her dragon. Silverwing was hers. Finally.

''Sovegon!'' Gaena declared and Silverwing got up. ''Dohaeras, Silverwing! sōvegon! Sōvegon!"

Gaena laughed out as she gripped onto her scales a joyous scream on her lips as she took flight.

Davina and Avalon hooted from the ground.

+

"Pass the juice." Daelia instructed.

"Please." Gaena added. Daelia stared back at her. 

"Daelia, manors." Davina requested.

"Pass the juice..." She locked eyes with Davina. "PLEASE!" She said dramatically.

"Thank you." Davina answered passing her the pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice.

"Etiquette lessons." Gaena added and Davina groaned.

"We can have all the kids learn." Avalon offered, she had been through etiquette lessons herself when she was younger.

"If mama says no, then it's a no." Baelon told them all. "If I say no, then it's a no as well." Baelon looked to Davina. "Right mama?"

"Davina." Daemon smirked back at her.

"Davina can go through it again!" Gaena declared. "This time you can have your handsome husband as a partner."

"No guarantees I will keep my hands to myself." Daemon remarked running a hand over Davina's back.

"I would be mad if you did." Davina countered leaning into him. 

"Tommen..."

"Dav," Tommen countered looking at her. 

"Now that your wife is following in my footsteps of becoming a dragon rider, does that scare you about the future of your body and lands getting fried to a crisp?" Davina questioned calmly as she brought her glass to her lips. Tommen hesitated looking to Gaena and back to Davina.

"I wasnt until now." Tommen admitted and Davina laughed out 

"I love you and would never set you on fire." Gaena cut in. "But its a good motivation to continue to be the best husband ever." Gaena added. 

+

"You think we should stop by and visit your uncle viserys and your cousins?" Davina pondered. 

"Yes!" The kids declared. Daemon's face pinched. 

"Dae?" Davina coed. 

"It can just be a fly by, quick visit, come on, I miss them, you do to." Davina assured him. 

"I am more than content enough with you and the kids, I need nothing more." Daemon countered. 

"Mama's in charge." Daelia reminded him. 

"mama is in charge." Daemon agreed. "I guess we are going to the capital."