55. That Sounds Unpleasant

There was no more walking. There was only the waddle. Davina waddled everywhere. She waddled down the hall, water broke between her legs as she left a trail of fluid in her wake. 

"Davina?" Daemon questioned. 

"I think... my water broke or I'm peeing... honestly its a coin toss." Davina remarked calmly but her sense of calm quickly changed to what the hell I'm having a baby.

"Your fetus is facing up instead of down." The maester remarked.

"Seven fucking hells." Davina muttered. "Something's wrong? That's what that means? Something is very wrong?"

"No. Baby's just moving around, letting us know that it is time to come out." 

"Oh, my God. Daemon, this baby is coming." Davina demanded. 

"You are going to be a mom today." Daemon agreed.

"You are going to be a dad..." Davina paled. "You know I think I changed my mind, I'm fine with keeping this kid hostage in me forever. Lets just-" she groaned out. "-tell the kid no and I'm not really ready yet."

"You are ready."

"I dont feel ready." Davina corrected holding to Daemon's hand. 

"I get it. It's a big day. You know, a lot of new experiences all happening at once. But, princess, this is not new for me. I have been here many, many times, and I know exactly how to help you and your husband get through this."

"Thank you... but this is me being bad with children I held my niece upside down and at arms length when she was a baby. I was never meant to be a mother." Davina remarked. "So just... tell it to wait. Just to fucking wait until I'm ready."

"I can't do that."

"Then get it out of me." Davina demanded.

"I can't do that either. Your body is not ready-"

"I thought you just said it was!" Davina sobbed out. "Why does it hurt so much, I kept this little shit safe for moons and this is how it repays me?"

"You are doing great." They all assured and Daemon felt like his hand was going to break off. 

"I think it's stuck." Davina groaned out.

"No, just a big head."

"Oh? Just a big head? That's all." Davina groaned out. "Oh, my God. Is the babe gonna fit? It's going to rip me apart Dae!" Davina declared. 

"No, no, its not right?" Daemon pondered and Davina whacked at him through the pain. 

"Yes, the babe will. We just need to open up the birth canal a bit wider."

"That sounds... unpleasant." Daemon murmured.

"Princess, we're going to adjust you to a new position, OK? It makes it easier for the baby to come out."

"Okay, sure... I guess." Davina agreed breathlessly. 

"I'm right here." Daemon whispered.

"Where the hell else would you be?" Davina sassed as the bed and pillows were adjusting and hands were pushing on her stomach.

"And I can use some pressure... Yep. I'm right here...."

"Right where?" Davina grumbled. "Up my cunt? Yeah, I feel that." 

+

"Don't tell me to fucking push! It is not your body!" Davina hissed.

"Princess... almost there."

"DAEMON!" Davina demanded he peaked his head in.

"They told me to give them space, remember?" Daemon countered. 

 "Ass. Here. Now.' She demanded and he moved to her side. "If I'm suffering through pushing these little dragons out of me, so are you." Davina told him.

"No place I would rather be." Daemon assured kissing her sweat slicked forehead.

Childbirth was gross and painful and she never wanted to do it again. She wasn't so lucky.

"What do you mean another!" Davina demanded banging her head back against the chair. "I'm tired. I need to not..."

"Push princess."

Davina stared back at the nurse.

"Come on Dav," Daemon whispered kissing her neck. "Twins... they could be as much trouble as you and me."

"You put me through hell." Davina reminded him.

"Push my love." Daemon whispered.

So she pushed on because what other choice did she have? None. She had to push the babies out. Another scream a few more curses and bam, baby number two had arrived.

''Twins." Davina said a happy smile on her face as she looked to Daemon. "A boy and a girl."

"Definitely going to be like us." Daemon remarked softly as they each held a child in their arms.

Daelia and Devin

Perfection in every way. Davina was crying as she kissed Devins head.

"Dav?"

"Everything hurts but I'm so happy.' Davina whispered. "Give me Daelia." She said reaching for her daughter.

"I never thought us to be parents." Daemon remarked.

"No shit." Davina agreed.