87. We Are Family

Davina always felt like she had the best of friends, an amazing family when she was with her cousins, they made her feel invincible. She felt a part of something bigger than herself, bigger than their lives as they all sat around and Davina, Daemon, Avalon and Gaena remarked on their younger years. Seamus was never close with his siblings so seeing Avalon, Gaena and Davina laughing out, sitting in their husbands laps, the children's chatter slowly fading with each passing hour as they grew tired.

Seamus loved that he got a family too when he was with Davina, one that didnt have to be forged in blood. He listened, hearing their stories, their laughs, he found himself laughing along with them. Davina and Avalon had gotten up a few times delivering children to their beds within high garden.

Daemon wasnt surprised when Baelon got up in the middle of the night and crawled into Davina's lap. Daemon watched how easily Davina soothed Baelon back to sleep in her arms. Massaging her hands through his hair, twirling little patterns on his arm as she pulled the blanket up over them as Willas added another few logs to the fire.

There was nothing better than family like this and it made Davina wish Viserys and Rhaenyra were here to join them. 

It felt like living in another reality. Drifting away with every breeze in the desert or through the gardens of high garden.  Daemon didnt want to leave la, la land. Because when they got back to the capital, his roles and responsibilities would come rushing back and he wouldnt be free. That was why he stayed away for so long, he didnt want the pressure the crown looming over him, the crown that would never be his but supposed that this life was better, he loved Davina, she was his forever. And the crown, the throne, ruling seemed insignificant to him. He had Davina and four wonderful children, he didnt need a crown after all. 

Davina was hesitant to bring Daemon back to the capital because She didnt want Daemon to fall back into old habits, she didnt want them to spiral. 

She would have to be composed and together, then again... Davina had been a princess her whole life and yet she never cared what anyone else thought, to live and be free while she was still young enough to care and want for more, before that light was extinguished. But looking to Daemon, it was like he felt the same weight of being back but also an excitement that filled them. 

Daelia and Devin were excited to meet their cousins and Baelon and Alyssa we excited to show everyone their new dragons. 

+

They landed at the capital, the cousins heading their separate ways, Gaena beaming that she got a dragon, she got silverwing, her little boy smiled back at silverwing. Tommen had, had a crush on Davina in the past, her bold personality but he knew that she was in love with Daemon and would always fall back into him. But he still grateful to have her a friend, even more glad that their friendship introduced him to Gaena, they were truly perfect together. 

Avalon and Willas were the cutest together, little perfection. Avalon was always their sweet girl, their perfect cousin and impossible expectations to live up to. THey stayed in High garden promising to visit soon. But it was time for Davina and daemon to pop by and check on their brother.