40. Out Of Sight But Always In Mind

Davina had gotten used to having Harwin in her bed. He was very cuddly. 

"Are you calling me fat?" Harwin teased. 

"No, cuddly." Davina corrected running a hand over his chest, her fingers swirling around his chest hair. "The monster was boney, you are a good cuddler. That's important for future prospects." 

"Future prospects?" Harwin countered. "Is this your nice way of saying we arent going to be together forever?"

"I never said forever." Davina reminded him. "I said I like you, and you are cuddly." 

"I have already fallen for you Davina." Harwin declared. "But you take as long as you need. I'm not going anywhere."

He'd take the world off Davina's shoulders if it was ever hard to move. He'd turn the rain to a rainbow when Davina was feeling down and blue.

Why then, if he's so perfect did Davina still wish that it was Daemon?

Perfect didn't mean that it was working... Davina liked Harwin, he was sweet and kind and handsome and charming and he didn't want to break her heart. So what could Davina do?

When Daemon was out of sight yet always in her mind

Because, sometimes when she looked in Harwins eyes that was where she found a glimpse of what she could have had with Daemon.

And she felt guilt trying to fall for Harwins touch unable to close her eyes because then she could pretend it was Daemon.

Swore up and down, to the old gods and the new, Said, "I'm fine," said she moved on. Look at the handsome muscle man in my bed! She assured. 

But Rhaenyra saw past it. Because of course she did. Rhaenyra hugged her and collapsed into bed beside her aunt. 

"Heard some very loud grunting on the way here." Rhaenyra remarked and Davina's face scrunched up. 

"I don't want to hear about my brothers sex life." Davina declared. 

"She just popped out Aegon," Rhaenyra reminded her with a shudder. 

"Viserys is going for a little army it seems." Davina agreed. "Have you visited your new brother?"  Rhaenyra groaned in protest. "Lets go together." Davina decided. 

"Auntie, no. I dont want to."

"We are stuck with him. So we either drop kick him out the window-" Rhaenyras eyes went wide as her jaw dropped. "-or we meet the little shit." 

"Are you serious!"  Rhaenyra declared following her out. 

"That he is a little shit? Yeah, all babies are. I wanted to suffocate you. You cried all the time and I thought Aemma was a bad mother." Davina agreed. 

"I meant about the other thing." Rhaenyra whispered. 

"No... well... its up for debate. I brought you to meet Fury and everyone thought I was going to fed you to him. I considered it for a brief moment before I gave you a chance and look at us now!" Davina declared wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Best of friends!" 

"You are crazy auntie." Rhaenyra declared. 

"I am. Lets go." Davina pushed open the door. Aegon stopped crying as Davina peered down at him. "Cute... ish." 

"Spawn of the devil." Rhaenyra hissed. 

"Viserys isnt always demonic." Davina countered smugly. "Alright, tiny human, this is your sister. She is the best and I know because I take credit for her greatness." Davina told Aegon as she picked him up. He stared back at Davina confused. 

"Is that how you hold a baby?" Rhaenyra chuckled. 

"I'm not a baby person." Davina agreed as she held him arm outstretched. "I did this with you and Viserys tried to correct me, I think I nearly dropped you because you were too close to me." 

"Auntie!" Rhaenyra exclaimed. 

"You are fine, I only dropped you like six times max... per week." Davina teased. "Your turn." Davina declared holding Aegon out. 

"I dont want him." Rhaenyra countered backing up. 

"He's not going to bit. I don't think he has teeth yet..." Davina turned him back around and stuck a finger in his mouth. "Maybe one or two." Davina corrected as Aegon started suckling on her finger. "Gross. Gross, what the hell he is trying to eat me!" Davina declared dramatically. Rhaenyra covered her face with her hands. 

"This was a bad idea, give him to Fury." Rhaenyra decided as Davina chuckled out. 

"He is teething, look at me knowing baby terms." Davina remarked. "This is honestly the least gross place my hands have been." Davina offered. 

"What?" Rhaenyra countered. 

"I was in the pits with Fury, obviously. He was being a big baby and I cleaned it up for him." 

"You are going to be great mom one day." Rhaenyra decided. 

"I am a mother. To Fury. He loves me and I love him. He doesnt hurt me ever and stop looking at me like that. I'm fucking fine!" Davina's voice rose in volume and octave. "Shut up." She grumbled but Rhaenyra hugged her. Aegon slapped a hand to Davina's cheek smiling back at her. "You are alright little shit." Davina remarked softly as she put him back in his crib. 

"I'm here for you. Whatever you need." Rhaenyra assured. 

"I love you kid."

"I love you too."