0.6 ] Coffee & Contemplation

••●••

••●••

THIS MARGEUX GIRL really has me perplexed.

I've never been perplexed.

I'm not entirely sure it was her who committed this crime or anything...but I definitely gathered that she has a knack for annoying people.

Which she is superb at.

All I found out last night was basic information about her. Moves around a lot, has a single parent in the picture, is currently in London for university interviews, etc.

Nothing that could prove she killed the unkillable; Callum Dickens.

I also know that she kept me up all night and forced me into an all nighter reliant on alcohol, so there's that.

It's currently 7:12 am, and despite the little sleep I'm currently living off of, I still feel the need to continue investigating. To scratch this itch.

Coffee would be good. Coffee would definitely help.

"Coffee?"

I almost flinch at the startling voice.

I turn to see Odyssey - someone I used to be on good terms with before the incident. She wears a panda onesie and carries a jug filled to the brim with deathly dark liquid.

"Yeah, thanks." I clear my throat.

She walks over and fills the empty cup sitting next to my stacks of files, inviting herself next to me by sitting down and pouring promising coffee all in a consistent smooth motion.

"What ya got so far?" She asks casually as if we're colleagues. Which I guess we once were.

"One suspect I have a hunch about." I answer, entertaining her curiosity. "Just need to find a way to trap her and be certain."

"Mind filling me in?" She brings her own poured mug to her lips, "I could give a new perspective or angle."

"I don't want to bore you."

"Please, I insist."

"I get carried away when I talk."

"And I'm an observer. I love to listen."

I sigh, looking downwards and then up again, "Fine."

I tell her everything. From the bar to the descriptions given to the conversation I recorded with Margeux.

"You think she's pretty?" Odyssey asks as we listen to it.

"What? No."

"So you think she's ugly?" She raises a brow.

"I never said that-"

"Now I want to see her if she's so ethereal according to you and Sasha."

"The word ethereal was never used - wait you talked to Sasha?" I blink.