7.9 ] To Kill Us

••●••

••●••

I TOLD DETECTIVE Wayne that I'd talk to him. Honestly. Truthfully. For the FBI. And all I want in exchange is getting Margeux and I out, somewhat secured, and pettily getting my father put under investigation. 

So here I am, in a larger room this time, a security camera glaring at me from the top corner as I wait for him to arrive. So long as I tell the truth, and Margeux gets the memo to do the same, we can bargain our way out of here - and maybe get my father in some sort of trouble. 

The FBI will always go for the organisation over two small little killers within it. 

I expect a lot of things. Either for it all to be tossed in my face, for my father to hire someone to kill me, for Detective Wayne not to believe me...

...what I don't expect is that when he walks in, Margeux does behind him. 

It's barely been any time at all. It still feels like it's been too much. I have to force myself to stay seated when she comes in. Her eyes seem to widen a bit at the sight of me. It seems neither of us would be informed we'd be in here, doing this, together. 

"Reign." Detective Wayne smiles. I nod at him, not really focused. 

"Hi Reign." Margeux tilts her head and smiles. She sits in the chair next to me, her hands cuffed. I realise my aren't. I turn to look at Detective Wayne and hold my wrists up. 

"Oh," He waves a hand, "Not my choice. Just precautions from the guards."

I turn to Margeux, "You already done something?"

She winks, "I have supposedly done something that they cannot prove."

That's my girl. 

"Reign here tells me you two are going to speak to the FBI." Wayne directs this mainly to Margeux, "We can negotiate, do whatever, but we do expect addresses and leads to help us, otherwise we can't get you far."

Margeux looks to me, "I thought it was like code or whatever not to speak to the FBI."

I wave a hand, "That was before I got beat up in the showers."

"Ah, gotcha." She shrugs, "Yeah, we'll give you guys what we can."

Detective Wayne clears his throat, "Perfect. I'll inform my superiors, they'll come in, and they'll do the talking. I can't leave you two in here alone so I'll just take the call over here."

"We're still going to speak." Margeux says.

"Whatever," He rolls his eyes, "Just not about anything that'll get you in trouble." And then he's turned around, on the other side of the room near a water jug pulling out his phone and letting it ring. 

"You good?" Margeux asks immediately.

"I'm fine. You?"

"Good." She nods.