7.5 ] A While

••●••

••●••

"I KIND OF wish Director Hayes would just do one more terrible thing so we can find a way to record him or something." I sigh, plopping down next to Elliot who sits in the cafeteria. There are a few other people in here - people who sit far away and alone, probably late on their dinners. It is nine pm, and this is the usual time for Team X to finally eat, but still, I understand the exhaustion. 

"We don't need him to." Elliot shrugs. 

"It'd be nice if he did though." 

"Sure." Elliot leans over to grab a new sheet of paper. We've printed out everything we found on Director Hayes from his lap top and are now just going through it with extra precision. Elliot and I work on this while Heather and Keagen keep up appearances for Team X. Odyssey told me that her and Vika were going out to get dinner for us - and by the time they've done that, they'll come and join us. 

"Yknow, if you offered to run away with everyone else I'd totally do that." I don't even bother picking up my own sheet of paper - too busy procrastinating. 

He turns to me and raises a brow, "Really?"

"Mmhm."

"If there were an incident you know I'd pick you and me first though, right?"

"I know."

"Well if worst comes to worst, I'll put the offer on the table." He faces forward again, skimming over the paper in his hand. 

I sigh and lean my head backwards. Elliot continues to do work. He's such a work person. It's endearing. And super annoying. Because I am not - and therefore, he is automatically less lazy than me, which is something I don't like to admit. 

"They'll be a while." I say innocently. 

"Yeah, knowing them." He scoffs, looking to me again. 

"Mm...I mean we have allll the time in the world." I grin. 

He rolls his eyes, "Stop it."

"I'm not doing anything." I shrug. 

"Yes you are."

"Mmmm, I don't think so." I hum. 

"I think so." He mutters. 

"Well," I shuffle forward, "Do something about it."

Elliot is a very serious person. Well, when he's not working he's not serious - but when he is working, he is. And distracting him from work is fun. Even if it only lasts a small moment. I always tried to get Elliot to stop working - maybe because I was too fidgety myself and it was a selfish move - but he always treated me like some kid he was babysitting. Still, it's fun to mess with him. 

"I can." He tilts his head, "But then I won't be able to stop. So focus."

Alright. That's different. I guess now that we're dating a lot of things are different. Just especially that. And I like it. A lot. And I don't understand how he thinks I'll be able to focus with his words, in his voice, playing over and over in my head. 

"Can't really focus now." I mutter. 

"No?" He hums, a hint of a smirk on his face as he keeps his attention focused on the papers in front of him. 

"Keagen's gonna be gone for a bit." I tilt my head, "Let's go to your dorm room."

Now that Liam is dead, Reign is gone, and prior roommates Elliot had are out - him and Keagen share the room alone. So when Keagen is gone, it really is just Elliot's room. And, to be honest, I doubt Reign ever even slept there anyway. So if he comes back, I can continue relying on that information. 

"We have work." He says, but hesitantly. 

"How charming." I roll my eyes.

He scoffs and teases, "Charming, huh? I'll take that as a compliment."

"You should. But compliments only get you so far. What else do you have up your sleeve?" i grin, leaning in. He'll fold. I know him too well. 

"Oh, I have an entire repertoire of skills, but I'm afraid revealing them all at once might be too overwhelming for you." He sighs. 

"Oh, really? Now you've piqued my curiosity." I play along. 

His expression drops, "Sasha. Work."

"No."

"I'll only ask one more time." 

"Hmmm, lemme think about it," I pause, "Alright. Nope."

He stands, "Let's go then."

"Seriously?" I gasp. 

"Quickly." He tuts. 

Spoiler; I was on top. 

••●••

Omg it's Team X:

- Juana.