7.3 ] Blackmail Pt 1

••●••

••●••

SASHA AND I managed to barely find files on Director Hayes' computer and put them on a USB. The problem, is, that it is password protected. So Heather will have to get on that soon - but right now she's busy clogging the security camera footage to hide our trace. 

"I'm still not over the dog collar lie." Sasha shakes her head as we all lounge around the Team X meeting room. 

"You left me to my own devices what did you expect!" Odyssey exclaims. 

"There, there," Vika pats her shoulder sarcastically, "I'm sure next time you'll conjure up something even better."

"You're entertained by this, aren't you?" Odyssey crosses her arms and glares.

Vika shrugs, "Very."

"Shouldn't Margeux be back now?" Sasha asks out of the blue.

"Huh?" I raise a brow at the conversation change.

"Margeux. Remember she had a mission? She's not back." Sasha elaborates.

"Whatever, she probably went to a bar to kill someone." I mutter. 

Despite my words ending the conversation, I can tell Sasha still dwells on Margeux's absence. I have to admit it's weird. And honestly? I wouldn't doubt Director Hayes playing a role in it. Which is exactly why we should be focusing on this right now. Framing him. Ending him. If we can do it in time - maybe whatever has happened to Margeux will be solved. If anything has even happened at all.

"Hey guys, I think I've got it." Heather says after a moment, coming to join the group on the couch and floor with her laptop. 

"Did we get enough for you? Do you need more-"

"Stop right there." Odyssey holds a hand up to shush Sasha, "You are not going back to his office any time soon if it means I have to keep watch again."

"You'd be fine."

"I'd have to learn bird calls."

What the actual-

"Guys, what you got was good." Heather chuckles, interrupting us permanently. 

"Good enough to..." I trail off.

"If we use it properly, then yes. I think we can get him where it hurts." Heather nods.

Good. Okay good. All we need is enough information or blackmail that will have Director Hayes behind bars, dead, or fired. Either of the three works for me - so long as his next job or roll isn't one in power. And you know what, I'd prefer him dead. That way we won't have to worry about him coming back to kill us as revenge. 

"Here," Heather points to some statistics on her laptop, "Are proof of his embezzlements. He splits the money and only transfers half of it through to his authorities, sending the rest to a private bank account. I tried hacking into this bank account but couldn't control it - although I was able to find out how much money he had in it."