6.8 ] Treason...Sort Of

••●••

••●••

I DON'T TELL them about the other things I found in Reign's safe. The more personal things. I already feel guilty for breaking into his private space (even though I am quite mad at him right now given his skedaddling).

But the shit I saw in there? The continuous, ever-longing, repetitive research searching for those people? It tells me he's hiding something. Has been hiding something. Not a secret though. Something that...I think I'm going to let him keep to himself (totally out of character for me, I know).

Reign and I's friendship has been a plethora of ups and downs. From the beginning he was salty and arrogant. But then he was kind and true. Him, Elliot and I sort of like an unstoppable force. It was too late before we realised however, that his ambition, was an immovable object. 

Then...the Jeremiah incident. I didn't know who to pick. Because Reign was my closer friend. But he was also the murderer. It was also too late before I realised I never asked why. And by the time I did he was a different person. Completely closed off. 

He left. For a long time. When he came back I tried again. He was still closed off. Annoyed by me. But slowly he opened up. Let me help him with his cases, with Margeux. Then he started getting a little more friendly. 

And just as soon as I thought I had that friendship gone, it vanished. He vanished. 

And he's a fucking asshole - but he left a whole lot of hope for me with his assumption on his father's file. 

That's right. I'm sappy. I miss my friend. But he's not what's important right now. Because I've known him so long - I know he's good with his hunches. I know that his father is embezzling. 

And thanks to Reign's sleep-deprived self spending nights trying to incriminate his own father - I now have initiative to continue it. 

Today, we're meant to be looking into some woman called Ivy Vienna. She's not a politician, but she's married to one. She used to be a fashion designer before dropping her passion to support her husband - and apparently she's threatening to sue the government.

Which...once would have been bad. But at this point I'd love to just let her. 

Surprise, surprise, our job is to find blackmail on her and stop her from it. Director Hayes would usually just get us to kill issues like this. But with her very public slander - it's obvious if she died under suspicious circumstances, that, well. Yeah. It was planned. 

And so instead, we're seated in the office - going through her facebook and details and all this and all that, trying to find something - maybe proof of an affair - whatever. 

We're not actually doing that. That's what he thinks we're doing. And to keep him at bay, Margeux and Elliot are getting started on it so we have something to give him by the end of the day.