3.7 ] Drunk On Pain

••●••

••●••

WHATEVER THAT WAS, can't distract us from Vika. Not now.

Heather's hands have been shaky the entire time she works. The needle and thread in her hands definitely looked like some amateur only just starting knitting or some shit - and let's just say that left me a little alarmed. 

Heather is the best at this kind of stuff out of all of us. Not that she's good at it though. Team X probably should have consisted of people who re better at special aid. Since we're meant to be them top team here. But Director Hayes made a team that had the stronger people. People better at solving. Not healing.

Which, now, for the first time I think - we're realising could be our downfall. 

Team X was always looked at as the strongest, but here we are, not knowing what to do, alone in a cafeteria.

"Someone should do these properly." Heather runs her hands through her hair stressed, "I-I don't know what I'm doing. I'm freaking out. It was easier practicing on-"

"Move then." A voice steps forward.

Not Sasha. Not Odyssey, not Keagen, not me - Reign.

Reign mother fucking I don't care about anyone but me Hayes has stepped forward, to help someone else.

If this were any other scenario - we would have started a fight over his bluntness. But it's not. And in all honesty - Reign is the least shaky person right now. The most calm. Heather hands the supplies over to him without even thinking. 

Reign rolls his sleeves up to his elbows quickly, and undoes Heather's work. 

"Reign, more blood will just come out." Odyssey says quickly, keeping a firm eye on him.

"If we keep these in, her blood is going to clog and the wound will probably get infected." Is all he says before he's wiping Vika's wound, removing a sheet of blood that starts spilling out just as quickly as it left.

"Elliot." Reign looks up to me.

"...yeah?"

"Alcohol." 

Oh. 

I pull out a small bottle of vodka from my pocket. I usually have them on me all the time. Before missions or important situations where I need to be more loose I usually take shots. Reign seems to remember that. He did train with Sasha and I most of our lives here. 

I chuck it over to him and let him catch it swiftly before he dumps half of the small bottle onto Vika's skin. She's been drowsy this entire time. Asleep. But that definitely wakes her up.

Before she can sit up and further injure herself, Reign hands the rest of the bottle to Odyssey without looking, "Make her drink it. She'll want to."

Odyssey nods, and for the first time when it comes to Reign - she doesn't argue. She helps Vika down the rest of the bottle, and has her lying back down after the sudden jolt from pain.